Cool YouTube Channels

maqroll

On 04/01/2022 at 12:26, villa4europe said:

.i watch beard meats food do eating challenges, he's probably the one where i know what days and times his videos are coming and follow his social media

Snap! Been watching his channel for years,  like when he gets his Mrs and sister involved in the challenges.  Not sure I've ever saw them finish one. 

• Like 1

On 04/01/2022 at 11:10, hogso said:

I looked for an appropriate thread to post the following; documentary thread didn't seem appropriate, the funny youtube thread didn't seem appropriate, so this one will do the job. Thanks @maqroll

Anyone else watch Geowizard?

He's fairly well known for being a Geoguessr youtuber, his knowledge is great, although I must say I find watching Geoguessr content really quite boring (although his IRL Geoguessr videos are fun). As popular as he is for that alone, he fortunately does something far more interesting on his channel - 'Straight Line Missions'. 

His channel really took off a couple of years ago when he uploaded his first public attempt, which was to cross Wales in a straight line. I found it via a recommended video, and the idea of someone trying to cross a country in an entirely straight line sounded so crazy, I felt compelled to watch it. Since that initial upload his channel has gained a lot of traction, he's done further 'missions'' in Scotland, Norway, and England, plus some really good travel vlogs. I look forward to the next instalments as much as I would a favourite TV show now.

I've actually meant to see if there are any other fans on here in the past, as he seems a thoroughly decent chap, and he doesn't pander to his audience, he does what he does because he is, well, more or less obsessed with the idea of crossing a country (with Wales becoming something of a nemesis of his) in a completely straight line . For those curious enough to take a look who haven't before, you're probably already thinking that crossing a country in a straight line is impossible. Well, yeah, it probably is, so over the last couple of years he's arrived at a definition of what a straight line for the purposes of his 'missions' is - there are varying grades from platinum to bronze which represent a successful mission, with small deviations of I think 10 metres being platinum, 25 metres for gold, and so on. 

Anyway. The reason I wanted to mention his channel now is that he's currently uploaded his latest Wales mission. He's had visits from the British Transport Police in the past because he's crossed high speed rail lines, and has had to pull, re-edit, and re-upload videos where he's broken the law, and with some of his videos being viewed millions of times, they'd be right to be worried about copycats. He generally is very respectful to the land he's traversing, but there's always been the omen of the 'angry farmer' who would eject him from their land. He's had plenty of encounters in the past with them, has been kicked off land, has explained what he's doing and they've said, whatever, crack on...but to say his latest video has caused some controversy amongst his subscribers would be an understatement. 

If any of that has even slightly piqued your interest, I'd suggest you start off at the very beginning with the below, and see what you think. You'll soon decide whether you want to stick with it, or not.

Saw this thread and opened it to post Geowizard - best thing on YT imo. From Aldridge,  wonder if he's Villa?

8 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Saw this thread and opened it to post Geowizard - best thing on YT imo. From Aldridge,  wonder if he's Villa?

I've wondered the same. If you've seen enough of his videos you'll know he likes football, do his allegiance must lie somewhere. If I ever sub to hit Patreon, I'll ask. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

If you like football kits (and who doesn't?!) then this channel is for you.  In my humble opinion 🤭

They're just over halfway towards having enough subscribers to start monetising the vids too.  I'm sure they'd appreciate it if you could subscribe too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8lMm8Zg6BI8GwxNAz1n1sg

(Guys, it's me, alright?  This is my channel. Help a brother out!)

Done. Good luck

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guy bought a former mining ghost town, and has been there for about 2 years now. The above is the first video. 

He does a variety of videos, varying from the history of the people who lived there in it's prime, the history of mining in the area, and the history of that part of California - to his personal passions, like exploring the mines in the area, rebuilding various buildings on the property, and having occasional fun. Eventually, his aim is to rebuild the hotel (slight spoiler there if you do start watching the videos) and have people stay or camp in the town. 

• Like 1

Authentic Chinese 'takeaway' cooking.

Just as good, if not better, than you're local takeaway.

https://www.youtube.com/c/SoupedUpRecipes

https://www.youtube.com/c/ZiangsFoodWorkshop

Tech house with female DJ's

https://www.youtube.com/c/DJanesNet

Studio2televisionextra. Some old documentaries.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb0Uus3rCE4wbYFaL_4mBOA

In particular a 1959 documentary on Birmingham in 1959. Some proper Brummie accents on the go in this and a fascinating insight into 'modernising' Birmingham housing. 

• Like 2

I do enjoy Kev's FM content. @jacketspuds do you follow the streamer showdown too? His almost effortless ability to win them is at almost trolling levels now.

I met him at an NJPW (Japanese Wrestling) show a couple of years ago, nice bloke. I think it was in a very recent Non-league to Legend episode where he was talking about Shake Shack having the best fast food burgers, it was in there we had a chat about PuroResu and FM. Not sure I'd agree with his burger assessment though...

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not much love on here for Hot Ones interview series on First We Feast, its probably the only celebrity interviews I will listen to this at this stage and you can actually see the celebrities react when the interviewer doesnt ask bullshit questions

https://www.youtube.com/c/FirstWeFeast/videos

Similar reasons I watch Nardwuar. 

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not much love on here for Hot Ones interview series on First We Feast, its probably the only celebrity interviews I will listen to this at this stage and you can actually see the celebrities react when the interviewer doesnt ask bullshit questions

https://www.youtube.com/c/FirstWeFeast/videos

stop watching for some reason, he's a great interviewer with really good questions and the profile of his guests are way higher than what he should be getting, i started watching in the series that had like ramsey, noel gallagher and idris elba and then went back to watch his previous ones

also got a bit in to hot sauces which i soon knocked on the head, part of me wants to try da bomb but i dont think i'll like it

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

stop watching for some reason, he's a great interviewer with really good questions and the profile of his guests are way higher than what he should be getting, i started watching in the series that had like ramsey, noel gallagher and idris elba and then went back to watch his previous ones

also got a bit in to hot sauces which i soon knocked on the head, part of me wants to try da bomb but i dont think i'll like it

Probably the only interview Noel Gallagher has done that didnt mention his brother for a reaction 

6 hours ago, hogso said:

I do enjoy Kev's FM content. @jacketspuds do you follow the streamer showdown too? His almost effortless ability to win them is at almost trolling levels now.

I met him at an NJPW (Japanese Wrestling) show a couple of years ago, nice bloke. I think it was in a very recent Non-league to Legend episode where he was talking about Shake Shack having the best fast food burgers, it was in there we had a chat about PuroResu and FM. Not sure I'd agree with his burger assessment though...

Yeah I do enjoy the streamer showdown as well. It is incredible how good he is on Football Manager, but it's just easy viewing to have on, even in the background, so he's doing something right.

Good to hear that he's not an arse as well.

How about this guy?

He has been travelling around China (particularly Wudangshan) over the last few years learning Wudang Kung Fu, Tai Chi, meditation etc...

Needs a bit more content perhaps?

Ok, it's me, help me out please subscribe...I'm there on the left with the shades on!

If you want to follow me on Instagram - 

mk_ruyi_taiji

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

How about this guy?

He has been travelling around China (particularly Wudangshan) over the last few years learning Wudang Kung Fu, Tai Chi, meditation etc...

Needs a bit more content perhaps?

Ok, it's me, help me out please subscribe...I'm there on the left with the shades on!

If you want to follow me on Instagram - 

mk_ruyi_taiji

You move like an exhausted ninja.

• Haha 1

Â