Cool YouTube Channels

maqroll

Went to put Jay Foreman's channel which has the Map Men videos which are always interesting and well-presented. Then I scroll back on here to check no-one has suggested it and see Wainy did on Page 1. Ah well. Still, that channel

• Like 2

I have a mixed bag of YT channels. here are a few favs and topics, so may be known and some maybe of interest. 

GrahamHancockDotCom - YouTube   archeology//history etc

Adam Ondra - YouTube    Climbing

Scotland's Mountains - YouTube  Hiking/scrambling

Kilian Bron - YouTube  mountain biking

Mark Rober - YouTube - Eng crackpot

Jason Billam Travel - YouTube   Solo Traveller

Sam Holmes Sailing - YouTube   Solo Sailing adventurer

Back 2 Basics Adventures - YouTube  sailing/fishing

• Like 2

Michael Franzese an ex Mafia boss but is reformed now, its a good channel especially reviewing mob movies if they are realistic but a bit preachy sometimes

Just saw today he is playing at Villa in July, still more legitimate than Xia 😜 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Michael Franzese an ex Mafia boss but is reformed now, its a good channel especially reviewing mob movies if they are realistic but a bit preachy sometimes

Just saw today he is playing at Villa in July, still more legitimate than Xia 😜 

I do like his movie reviews but Sammy Gravano has better stories about Cosa Nostra IMO.   

It's super weird listening to a bona fide killer begging you to hit to like and subscribe mind you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I do like his movie reviews but Sammy Gravano has better stories about Cosa Nostra IMO.   

It's super weird listening to a bona fide killer begging you to hit to like and subscribe mind you.

Sammy Gravano voice stops me watching his stuff

I do agree its weird watching the videos knowing what they have done in the past and he may be clean now but its still hard to consider. Was one video he said he didnt know anything about Jimmy Hoffa murder and then went on for 2 minutes indicating he knew a lot more than he claimed

The plugging of HBO Gotti did work though as I watched it recently and its very good 

Just now, Zatman said:

The plugging of HBO Gotti did work though as I watched it recently and its very good 

The John Travolta monstrosity cast a shadow over the Armand Assante  film IMO . I think people don't realise there are two films of the same name but polar opposites in quality. . Assante is absolutely brilliant as Gotti and Anthony Quinn was fantastic as Neil Dellacroce . The entire cast is great as it's basically everyone from Goodfellas and Sopranos.

The whole thing is free on Youtube too.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Danny was in Brum, place is a chicken burger shop called Bonehead, looks really good, anyone been? That's getting added to my list 

I know Han Bao have opened up a place in digbeth would definitley recommend them too

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Danny was in Brum, place is a chicken burger shop called Bonehead, looks really good, anyone been? That's getting added to my list 

I know Han Bao have opened up a place in digbeth would definitley recommend them too

Yeah, been a few times and always enjoyed the food. 

First time I went was the day of England's QF v Sweden; me and my girlfriend had finished a Half Marathon from Wolverhampton to Brum, finishing in Brindley Place, on one of the hottest days of the year. We were desperate for something to eat, but wanted to see the game too...of course EVERYWHERE was rammed, so we slowly made our way back towards to New Street, stumbled upon Bonehead, and they said they would have the game on - and they'd let us eat in the bar downstairs. 

Probably 20 seats down there at most at the time, but good food, good drinks, good result - so I have very fond memories of the place.

It was closed for ages, and had a refurb, admittedly not been in since, so the set up may be a bit different now.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Never been to bonehead but I do regularly drink in the railway 

So its you who is staring at me while I sup my expensive piss in Brewdog! 

Never been in the Railway, always seemed a bit rough around the edges?

57 minutes ago, Xela said:

So its you who is staring at me while I sup my expensive piss in Brewdog! 

Never been in the Railway, always seemed a bit rough around the edges?

It’s fine in there, just like a local pub but in the city centre. They have all the sports and it’s not packed out most of the time. You’d be mad to drink in brew dog over the railway imo.

On 29/05/2022 at 19:03, villa4europe said:

If I was sitting down enjoying my food outside and them birds came over and started ambushing me and nicking my grub jaws would be getting volleyed left right and centre....that's probably the reason why I don't have my own youtube channel

Edited by leemond2008
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

If I was sitting down enjoying my food outside and them birds came over and started ambushing me and nicking my grub jaws would be getting volleyed left right and centre....that's probably the reason why I don't have my own youtube channel

I'd subscribe to be fair 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Yeah they would all get it! 😜

Â