Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

On the diet I think it's been rarely obvious for a long time that the conditioning of our players has been pretty woeful.

I don't think it is the press making a big deal out of it. I bet Gerrard was genuinely astounded what was going on in a PL team in 2021 regards to diet strength and conditioning.

You'd regularly see our players blowing out of their arsehole this season after a sprint.

Which is surprising given the structure of the club and the emphasis on analysis and data from Lange 

27 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Which is surprising given the structure of the club and the emphasis on analysis and data from Lange 

I'm not sure their data set tracked the amount of ketchup consumed. Could be wrong though.

Yeah that video was pretty good to be fair.

Usually I cringe at that type of stuff.

However, the bloke is non stop on the sidelines, deeply engaged!

He did mention at one point that, nothing can compare to the euphoria of being a player and having those moments etc.

He's mentioned a few times " it's all about the players ".

It's quite obvious he lives intently vicariously threw them, now his playing career is over!

Got a great feeling about this appointment and new era. ( *** Jinxes everything )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I'm not sure their data set tracked the amount of ketchup consumed. Could be wrong though.

Lol, but you’d think they would have a meal plan in place for the players or at least a guideline 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Lol, but you’d think they would have a meal plan in place for the players or at least a guideline 

Maybe they do but you can't stop John McGinn going home and gorging on Irn Bru and Haribo.

Edited by sparrow1988

Man I hated Gerrard as a player so much. He was everything I hated about a club (LFC) that I still have very little time for. But I think I might be like him now. There's just something about him, he's our bastard now?

• Like 3

I'm still waiting for the next few games before forming any opinions on SG but obvs thrilled with the last result and can see the advantage in having a manager who has been there on the pitch at crucial moments in games where his side have never given up and got some amazing late results - I've no doubt about his wisdom as an ex player but proof will be in how skilled he is in communicating that wisdom to the team and in motivating them to play - looks good after one game. B+.

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Think we need to calm down. Our December fixtures are extremely tough, we desperately need something from the Palace game before we go into a run of City, Leicester and Liverpool in the space of 12 days, with Chelsea on Boxing Day. I’m cautiously optimistic about how he will do for us long term and I do like him but he’s not a miracle worker, Rangers were more than capable of dodgy results and performances under him.

So many people, mostly on social media, acting a bit starstruck it’s embarrassing and small time. If we finish December no lower than we are now, he’s doing well. If we’re higher, I’ll be v impressed. If he gets us playing consistently good football, I’ll be delighted and might then buy into a bit more of the hype. I’ve never known the fan base get so giddy over a manager. 

The extremes will never go away mate. Couple of defeats and a lot of the same fans getting over excited will probably be the same ones attacking him. 

But you have to admit there definitely seems to be a bit of a feel good factor slowly returning to the club.   Get a good performance / result against Palace and the players will be going in to the city game with a lot of belief. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Think we need to calm down. Our December fixtures are extremely tough, we desperately need something from the Palace game before we go into a run of City, Leicester and Liverpool in the space of 12 days, with Chelsea on Boxing Day. I’m cautiously optimistic about how he will do for us long term and I do like him but he’s not a miracle worker, Rangers were more than capable of dodgy results and performances under him.

So many people, mostly on social media, acting a bit starstruck it’s embarrassing and small time. If we finish December no lower than we are now, he’s doing well. If we’re higher, I’ll be v impressed. If he gets us playing consistently good football, I’ll be delighted and might then buy into a bit more of the hype. I’ve never known the fan base get so giddy over a manager. 

We will obviously lose some too under Gerrard. But if he gets us playing with better pressing and passing and defensive shape over the next few games I'll be happy. No manager is a miracle worker, but it's ok to be a little excited no?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, a m ole said:

To be fair the feel good factor was around until about 4 games ago! Shows how short term football can be.

That is so true. We were all buzzing after Old Trafford! 

I will say second half of the season was still in a lot of peoples minds though. You’d like to think if we lose 2-3 games during the tough run most fans will stay behind Gerrard and the team. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Â