Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Don’t like posting TalkSport on here, but it’s obvious that word is out that Stevie G is persona non grata in European football now. It’s always helpful when the ‘football project’ is accompanied by millions of dollars and no accountability. 

Also, Jordan refers to Gerrard making a ‘horlicks’ of Villa (never heard that before) and said that Emery ‘resophisticates’ our fortunes. Treasure your dictionaries, people.

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Don’t like posting TalkSport on here, but it’s obvious that word is out that Stevie G is persona non grata in European football now. It’s always helpful when the ‘football project’ is accompanied by millions of dollars and no accountability. 

Also, Jordan refers to Gerrard making a ‘horlicks’ of Villa (never heard that before) and said that Emery ‘resophisticates’ our fortunes. Treasure your dictionaries, people.

There's every chance a club in the championship might try and persuade him to take over assuming he doesn't flop over there. They won't be paying anywhere near as much as Saudi arabia are though.

I very much doubt he'd take it anyway, as I suspect he may have had some options this season that were below his self-perceived status.

So not sure what hes expecting to get off the back of it. It definitely won't be a PL job. 

3 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Jordan was rightfully against Gerrard from the start and called him out as a fraud a long time ago even before he got hired

He also had a pop at Purslow before for his obsession with him

On 03/07/2023 at 18:20, ferguson1 said:

Good shout re Ashley Young, as hadn’t thought of him. Hard to turn such riches down in the twilight of your career I suppose. 

And Nakamba 

On 03/07/2023 at 22:00, Giro said:

Lol what a bell piece 

Sorry I didn't understand a word, especially that last bit. Is there an English translation? 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

This is the new Jack Grealish thread but with unanimous hostility isn't it? 

Shame the Gerrard superfan Brexiteers who hated Dean Smith won't join and cheer him on again. That would make things more fun.

Â