Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

I think the best result would be a draw as it would surely spell end of the road for Gerrard as much as a loss. (Taking our 10-game league form to W L L L D W D D L D or 10 points from a possible 30).

I just can't "want" us to lose to Fulham no matter how hard I try. But a draw should do it.

I genuinely think there's no way NSWE let Purslow keep him if we can't beat Fulham.

Just now, est1874 said:

I think the best result would be a draw as it would surely spell end of the road for Gerrard as much as a loss. (Taking our 10-game league form to W L L L D W D D L D or 10 points from a possible 30).

I just can't "want" us to lose to Fulham no matter how hard I try. But a draw should do it.

I genuinely think there's no way NSWE let Purslow keep him if we can't beat Fulham.

I hope the decision has already been made and doesn’t hinge on us getting a result against a newly promoted team.

Winning will be no indication that Gerrard is turning anything around.

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its one of the great managerial struggles ever, I cant wait for a Netflix documentary on his flawed genius

McLeish especially and Lambert were managers that had genuine struggles here

Its absolutely mad that someone can create this alternate world. 

Just seen the so called pissed in a pub pictures. Looks a few years younger and clearly not pissed. Villa fans embarrassing themselves again sadly. He may not be our future but some of the twitterarti need to grow up. As do their disciples.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Chine said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if we start converting chances and score 6 plus over the next 2 games , 

I'd be very pleasantly surprised. We are in the bottom 3rd of teams for shots per game, bottom 4 for shots on target per game and bottom 2 for goals scored. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Which pundit said we just have to win our next 2 and we’re ‘looking’ at 6th? Because I see Forest within 3 points of us and we’re only a point ahead of Southampton. Leicester are bottom and look terrible but finished 8th last season.

We’re in big trouble.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Which pundit said we just have to win our next 2 and we’re ‘looking’ at 6th? Because I see Forest within 3 points of us and we’re only a point ahead of Southampton. Leicester are bottom and look terrible but finished 8th last season.

We’re in big trouble.

While the season is young, two wins will always move you quickly up the table. The table isn’t really meaningful until at least 15 games or so are played.

What’s worrying for us is the fact we look like crap. Keep doing what we’re currently doing and we’ll be in deep trouble by the World cup break, no question about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Just got round to the Chelsea highlights. Christ almighty I’d actually reprieve him for that. Would be harsh to sack him as a result of some of our players being individually shite footballers on the day. 

That might be a fair assessment if Chelsea was his first game in charge. He’s been in charge for 12 months you know?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â