Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Probably a press conference for the new crest.

Something fans probably don't care about at the minute given the position were in.

Club needs to get it's priorities right.

18 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

As much as Gerrard has made mistakes in his tactics and selection...he can't be blamed for players who simply can't do the basics.

Watkins...touch is throw in...even his shots were a throw in today.

Mings...always has a mistake in him more than.making the odd one.

Luiz...onlynwantsntje ball when he is between konsa and mings

Mcginn....huffs and puffs but again..lacks that real quality.

These are just a sample of that...there are more 

It's a combination of both a manager who's not good enough and players not good enough.

Recipe for a disaster and we are unfortunately following it step by step.

All those players look significantly better under different managers though - either in the recent past or in the actual present with their national teams. No idea why a handful of people are refusing to accept the obvious.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He actually accumulated those 10 points in 6 games. This time last season we were on a 4 game losing streak which is why we were still on 10 points. Right now we're just slowly chugging away consistently at less than 1 point per game. We've won just 2 games all season. 

So a death by a thousand cuts, slowly dying….something like 18 points in the last 21 league games, 9 points in the last 10 league games, scored only 7 league goals this season

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

All those players look significantly better under different managers though - either in the recent past or in the actual present with their national teams. No idea why a handful of people are refusing to accept the obvious.

Well, it can't be Gerrard's fault. He doesn't bother to do any of the training does he? :) 

• Haha 1

I’d be amazed if he is still in charge by the time we play Fulham. I am genuinely sad about that because it’s not good to change managers in less than a year but he can’t argue. It’s simply not been good enough.

I worry about what will come next though. I don’t fully trust our board to make a solid decision. Whatever happens though, our fans need to show more patience. A small minority were against Gerrard from the beginning and it’s not helpful. Whoever comes in is going to find it hard because quite frankly, the players aren’t good enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I’d be amazed if he is still in charge by the time we play Fulham. I am genuinely sad about that because it’s not good to change managers in less than a year but he can’t argue. It’s simply not been good enough.

I worry about what will come next though. I don’t fully trust our board to make a solid decision. Whatever happens though, our fans need to show more patience. A small minority were against Gerrard from the beginning and it’s not helpful. Whoever comes in is going to find it hard because quite frankly, the players aren’t good enough.

You’ve got a point of people being against gerrard from the off, it’s likely the only good legacy he will leave behind, I imagine everybody will initially at least support the new manager when they arrive with blind faith given how much most want this clown gone

Maybe we worry he may do well in the Championship with us. 

I really want the new guy at work to do well, he's a great lad, one of the boys, but he is useless and has no positive input to the business. So unfortunately for him, he has another month with us and if he don't improve and stop making silly mistakes, unfortunately he'll be gone. But I really want him to do well, but I just know it ain't happening.

10 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Not good enough for what, to win the league or to finish top 10. Are Bournemouth or Fulham players good enough, cause they are sitting 10th and 11th at the moment?? I just can't believe our players are relegation candidates.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

What an odd way to put a stat. So in other words, this is Villa's second worse start to a PL season.

That was our relegation season is why its put that way. In other words this is our worst PL start since the last time we were relegated.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

This isn't a particularly egregious example but it always makes me laugh how hard people try to come up with contrived stats about something as being the most/least/first of something.

Gabriel Jesus has scored the most PL goals of anyone sharing the name of a major religious figure other than Mohammed.

Well, Henry VIII founded the Church of England and Thierry Henry scored 175 goals in the Prem, so............. 😉

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This isn't a particularly egregious example but it always makes me laugh how hard people try to come up with contrived stats about something as being the most/least/first of something.

Gabriel Jesus has scored the most PL goals of anyone sharing the name of a major religious figure other than Mohammed.

Closely followed by Tammy Abraham and Victor Moses 

• Haha 1

I just don't understand what anyone at board level is waiting for. It's not going to work with Gerrard. That's been clear for a long long time now. We've been completely wasting by keeping him. 

My only hope is that the rumours are true and we've identified the manager we want but he will only come in November. But even so, sack Gerrard and give Critchley the gig until then. It would be very difficult for any other manager to do a worse job than Gerrard with this squad.

24 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Whoever comes in is going to find it hard because quite frankly, the players aren’t good enough

Come on. They’re plenty good enough to beat Nottingham Forest and Bournemouth if they are coached right. This is not a squad that will challenge the top six (the expectation in August) but it’s not a squad that should be in the bottom six.

I’ve just been reading on this very thread how these ‘not good enough’ players outplayed Chelsea today :)

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 3

Â