Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

10 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think there's normally a press conference to announce a manager's sacking, if true maybe something else.

New DOF

13 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think there's normally a press conference to announce a manager's sacking, if true maybe something else.

I think I've missed something, has it been suggested a press conference has been scheduled?

21 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I dont see much point in giving him the Fulham game because say we get a result, then have a shocker against Brentford, then what?

He's either the right man to take us forward or he's not. Most would say he isnt so if that's case then sack him now. He's had a year and we're no better. I really wanted this to work but everyone has lost faith it seems.

That said, some of the players have been a disgrace this season and need to have a look at themselves. I cant think of anyone who comes out of this season so far with much credit. A new man coming in has got a lot to do to get some of these guys to produce some form.

You should never decide whether to sack a manager because of one or two games. That's why Gerrard should already be gone, as his form over the best part of 12 months has been poor and doesn't show signs of improving. 

• Like 2

He won’t be gone tonight. Poor optics, they played ok albeit with Chelsea substandard, purslow won’t do that to his mate. If he goes it will be post Brentford I imagine if we don’t pick up a minimum of 4 points from them and Fulham.

As an aside, the decision to pull out of the sarr deal and bin off all of our wingers has proven to be another of his many **** ups given how much better we played today with players playing as wingers. Who would have thought it, utter chancer.

• Like 1

Â