Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Has any player in our squad improved since Gerrard has been here?  I honestly cant think of one?

Targett, Hause, Davis, Trezeguet not sure what the connection is 😛

1 minute ago, Beastmix said:

Bottom line is, it's a results business, not a performance business.

We're on a run of two draws (one of which against Man City) and one win. You don't get fired for that, no matter how you play.

We have relegation form. 

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

You are a sports fan, so it won't be new to you that the fortunes of individual players and the team as a whole, are reliant on their belief in what they are doing.

Feel confident and it's a lot more likely that you will make the right pass, take your key chances and win.

If one or two players are off their game, then you can blame their individual form, but when there is an ongoing absence of coherent play, it's clearly a structural issue.

And if the building blocks are wrongly arranged, the individual player's natural instincts are blunted.

To my mind, it's obvious they don't believe in him and his ideas and that in turn, is affecting their belief in what they can do themselves.

I get what your saying I just don’t think it’s that simple, even in sports.

You don’t lose or forget a lifetime of football experience/knowledge/ability in 11 months.

A coach must accept responsibility for their team, in this case i believe these players are quite lucky to avoid responsibility for their poor individual performances.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

What about all the previous games. Look at the stats, you get sacked for that.

Doesn't work like that though. You don't have a bad run, turn it around, and then get sacked for the bad run.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, Smith was shit against 10 men too... soz but it's true. lol

Yeah but Gerrard is the upgrade…oh wait! 😉

Edited by nick76

Everything is yawn right now.

The guy hasn't a clue, we are all just waiting for him to be binned off.

The board should be 'ruthless' (should have sacked him in the summer), I know people will say unbeaten in three or 5 points from 9 but it is extremely dire in every single respect.

Line up the next manager and bin him when it is sorted.

1 minute ago, grantholtgolazo said:

I get what your saying I just don’t think it’s that simple, even in sports.

You don’t lose or forget a lifetime of football experience/knowledge/ability in 11 months.

A coach must accept responsibility for their team, in this case i believe these players are quite lucky to avoid responsibility for their poor individual performances.

They haven't forgotten everything they know, they don't believe. Confidence is everything in football, especially so for the attacking players. We don't play with belief do we?

10 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Bottom line is, it's a results business, not a performance business.

We're on a run of two draws (one of which against Man City) and one win. You don't get fired for that, no matter how you play.

The results have been cack for ages. As have the performances. And there's no sign of improvement. 

There is no prospect that Gerrard turns us into an attractive side pushing for Europe.

There is at least one currently available manager who has the CV to suggest he could do just that.

So what are we waiting for? 

8 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Doesn't work like that though. You don't have a bad run, turn it around, and then get sacked for the bad run.

Turn it around? We are 17th in the form table.

I'm sure the decision makers will be judging the situation with a little more nuance than the previous games result.

• Like 1

He’s actively taking all enjoyment out of watching the Villa play. It’s always been a struggle at times, being a Villa fan, but this is just mindnumbingly dull. 

• Like 2

Â