Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Since we turned ‘pragmatic’ we’re on course for another 60 points 🤣😉 

If we get 60 points, I’ll buy you dinner.

We’re currently on for 38 points and relegation and that was with the so called ‘easy’ part of the season. 

7 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Some of you have forgot the rubbish we had under Lambert.

Some of you kept telling me Westwood was a good player.

3 1st teamers out today who would have made a difference.

The average players, who need replacing, Watkins, Ings, Bailey, are all DS signings. 

I like Poch, but I think he would struggle with some of the players we have

Ings joined off the back of scoring 22 in 32 and 12 in 26 in the league, then proceeded to have his worst WhoScored rated season last year with us since his injured ravaged 17/18 with Liverpool and is ranked lower than that so far this season.

Bailey hit 9 goals and 8 assists in the BL, was statistically the 13th best player in the league and has largely looked a headless chicken under us.

I am struggling to think of a player who hasn't looked worse the longer Gerrard has been here, I'm not surprised as no-one has a clue what they are doing under this "system".

Whether players are accurately rated or not is largely redundant for me at this point as we are going to have no actual idea whilst we have someone furiously trying to smash a square peg in a round hole at the helm. 

the passing and movement is non existent, we no longer try and play it out from the back or through midfield, endless hoofing and our attacking play is incredible slow and unimaginative.

we have regressed to a team that is desperate to not lose, like we are in the final run in of a relegation battle.

I don't know what Gerrard is asking of his players, it feels like he has zero faith in any of them and rather than coaching them to play better he just coaches them to work hard and not make him look bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who’s Josh Norris?

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Dunno but it seems verified " people " are now starting to turn.

I assume they are either Villa fans or people who have sympathies for Villa?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

So these premier league quality players need “belief” instilled by their manager in order to do the basic parts of their job (e.g. Ollie finishing in the box, McGinn finding a pass)?

help me understand why the players bare no responsibility here.

You are a sports fan, so it won't be new to you that the fortunes of individual players and the team as a whole, are reliant on their belief in what they are doing.

Feel confident and it's a lot more likely that you will make the right pass, take your key chances and win.

If one or two players are off their game, then you can blame their individual form, but when there is an ongoing absence of coherent play, it's clearly a structural issue.

And if the building blocks are wrongly arranged, the individual player's natural instincts are blunted.

To my mind, it's obvious they don't believe in him and his ideas and that in turn, is affecting their belief in what they can do themselves.

• Like 1

Bottom line is, it's a results business, not a performance business.

We're on a run of two draws (one of which against Man City) and one win. You don't get fired for that, no matter how you play.

Just now, Beastmix said:

Bottom line is, it's a results business, not a performance business.

We're on a run of two draws (one of which against Man City) and one win. You don't get fired for that, no matter how you play.

What about all the previous games. Look at the stats, you get sacked for that.

Â