Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Has Gerrard fallen into the usual trap of failing Villa managers by being too scared to try and win the game, they set us up not to lose instead?

whatever is going on in his head it’s not for the best long term future of the club - every game is sapping the tiny bit of confidence the players have.

time to go and time for a change! 

4 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

I’m fine with him gone but it’s absolutely papering over the fact that these players aren’t good enough 

This is so true. Our biggest weakness as a club is our total inability to buy quality players. We pay over the top for average players, stick them on massive wages and then watch the clock count down until they leave on a free.

Ollie has been poor for ages and fans give Gerrard stick for picking him every week but the reality is, if we replace Gerrard, the next guy picks him as well, just as the last guy did. The biggest fault is wasting £60m plus on Bailey and Ings. If you sack Gerrard then Lange has to go too. He’s clueless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Has Gerrard fallen into the usual trap of failing Villa managers by being too scared to try and win the game, they set us up not to lose instead?

whatever is going on in his head it’s not for the best long term future of the club - every game is sapping the tiny bit of confidence the players have.

time to go and time for a change! 

As an attacking sense yes but we are starting to look pretty solid to be fair. It’s getting that balance that we are struggling with. I would have taken a point before the game. Obviously disappointing we haven’t got 3 points after they had 10 men for so long. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Me too. It ain’t great but that’s 2 cleans sheets in a row and only 1 shot on target against us in 2 games. Also 3 games unbeaten. Yes it’s boring but I do think from some of the reactions and words like poison and toxic branded around you’d think we were rock bottom with no points.  It’s very OTT.

Keep clapping and they might improve......we are playing teams who are going to be in a relegation battle and we don't look like we have a clue in the final third despite having a very strong forward line. 

Gerrard is finished, it's just a matter of time. I just hope he doesn't leave us in the bottom 3. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Everything good we built has been completely ripped to shreds by this clown. Everything. 

There is still time to change dynamics of the season.

Leave it until November and really I think it's a case of too late to do anything significant as we'll probably draw Man. City away in 3rd round of FA cup.

We are on 8 points after 8 games. There is nothing to suggest we'll get more than 45 points that was only enough to secure 14th spot last season.

I can't believe two guys who have invested so much in us last four years are basically just bowing to Purslow pleading for Gerrard to get more games, it wouldn't make sense to me. There were ruthless with DS and need to accept we're not going to achieve anything under Gerrard especially as game changing and talented managers are out there.

• Like 1

10 man Leeds. Can’t even beat 10 man Leeds lol. 

Few on here harping on about individual errors when we lose or bore draw but when we absolutely shithouse a victory or unexpected draw it’s the brilliant Stevie G the modern mastermind. 

It’s all so **** boring. Just fed up of seeing this dull bland clueless deluded translucent jumper wearing Lego hair gangster mates word removed in the dugout. I’ll be so **** happy if/when he gets sacked.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

I like Poch, but I think he would struggle with some of the players we have

I can almost guarantee that Poch would have us competing for 6-7th this season. 

Yes I know there is no way to prove it without a portal to the multiverse so you’ll have to take my word for it.

• Like 1

We've had the easiest fixtures of any team this season (Fact!)
and we are sitting in 14th place.
This is not good enough. I hope the board act fast and remove Gerrard of his duties. 

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Me too. It ain’t great but that’s 2 cleans sheets in a row and only 1 shot on target against us in 2 games. Also 3 games unbeaten. Yes it’s boring but I do think from some of the reactions and words like poison and toxic branded around you’d think we were rock bottom with no points.  It’s very OTT.

We're on course for 38 points. Leeds needed to reach that on final day last season to be sure of staying up.

Do you really think watching us we're going to get much above 45 points?

People just want to do a little better and actually seriously challenge to finish in top 10, not just why that should be derided. 

Â