Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Don't destroy my hope, this is the only thing I have to feel optimistic about right now

Clearly we'd be amenable to bids at this point! 

1 minute ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I wonder if Dendonker has asked if SG is staying? 

Pray that it’s a new manager who has made the request which is why it’s come from nowhere. A stretch, I know

Edited by a m ole
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They're giving him at least another couple of games aren't they?

Yup, I expect they were happy to write off Arsenal and Man.City as outliers and not in their league scenarios. Funny though considering we are aiming to win every game and compete for Europe; some real mixed messages from club and Manager. It is a S*** Show.

Gerrard will fluke a win against Leicester and be all rosy in the world of NSWE.

I think he'll be here until the Winter/World Cup break at the very least.

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yup, I expect they were happy to write off Arsenal and Man.City as outliers and not in their league scenarios. Funny though considering we are aiming to win every game and compete for Europe; some real mixed messages from club and Manager. It is a S*** Show.

Gerrard will fluke a win against Leicester and be all rosy in the world of NSWE.

I think he'll be here until the Winter/World Cup break at the very least.

Please God no. He’s literally sucking all the enthusiasm out of the fanbase with each passing day he remains here.

What is the actual point of enduring him any longer? There is absolutely no evidence to suggest he can turn this around. The tactics and system are absolutely horrific - I genuinely can’t remember the last time we looked so bad. Even under Bruce, at least we made the play off final. Got to be going back to the relegation season to get close to this complete nightmare.

The narrow set up angers me so much. To have Bailey as our only remaining out and out winger at the club is unforgivable for a club of our supposed stature. The substitutions are dumbfounding, and as for persisting with McGinn… literally I have no words.

The players don’t believe in him. Does Purslow really believe his starboy can seriously inspire a turn of results?

All the positivity around the stadium expansion has been overshadowed by Gerrard’s ineptitude. We’re supposed to be aiming for Europe, we couldn’t be further away from such a dream. To think the season tickets were increased for us to have to endure this situation. Bottom of the league if Leicester win tonight, it’s an utter disgrace!

• Like 1

It’s starting to become a hassle going down there now with him still in charge, hate watching this football it’s bloody boring and not enjoyable one bit, will have to consider if I’ll renew my season ticket if he’s still here next season ☹️

51 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Give Critchley a free shot at City and have the new guy in for Leicester. The longer we drag this on the more danger we'll be in.

I'd actually be interested to see how Critchley would line us up.

I made a post about his setup and it's heavily 4 - 3 - 3 / 4 - 2 - 3 - 1

Apparently he only switched to a 4 - 4 - 2 at Blackpool after realising they never had the players to play the other systems efficiently.

Here we do.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes it seems that way.  Since beale left we have looked even more hopless than before.

I think the whole coaching setup danks mcphee etc all need to go with gerrrad as all have been shockingly bad. Critchley for me has been shit too.

I dont have hate towards gerrard he came with good intentions just failed. He is out of his depth. Probably should have taken a lower level job like in the championship before moving to PL

He will never ever manage liverpool thats for sure

I have hate towards Gerrard.

Created an increasingly aging squad on big wages with little to no resell value.

He's completely smashed down the club positive recruitment strategy we had under Smith.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Created an increasingly aging squad on big wages with little to no resell value.

He's completely smashed down the club positive recruitment strategy we had under Smith.

I have little personal feeling about the bloke.

But in his job, for no discernable reason he's undone masses of good work the club had undertaken under NSWE, and Purslow who had overseen the policies that were undoubtedly working has allowed himself to be taken for a ride due to stars in his eyes. This isn't Conte, Anchelotti or Mourinho, who I could understand being swept away by, but a manager of no pedigree whatsoever! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd actually be interested to see how Critchley would line us up.

I made a post about his setup and it's heavily 4 - 3 - 3 / 4 - 2 - 3 - 1

Apparently he only switched to a 4 - 4 - 2 at Blackpool after realising they never had the players to play the other systems efficiently.

Changing system to accommodate the players at your disposal? What is this witchcraft? 

• Like 1

Â