Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, picicata said:

Exactly. The reason he needs results against two of the best teams in the league is because of his incompetence against lesser teams. He has put himself in this situation.

Also the aim this season was for top 7. You don't get top 7 by getting 0 points whenever you play the big 5 or 6 teams in this league.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It's just so tiresome. We know this isn't going anywhere, yet still we have to put up with him. I hope the board are already scouting out replacements so that when he does go they can bring them in immediately.

Yeah, every man and his dog knows exactly where all this is heading. 

There's so so so very few success stories that come from the situation that Gerrard finds himself in right now. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

Yeah, every man and his dog knows exactly where all this is heading. 

There's so so so very few success stories that come from the situation that Gerrard finds himself in right now. 

Tbf they did with Smith. Gerrard’s appointment was very quick. 

If we lose tonight (and I say 'If' very tongue in cheek) surely he should be sacked tomorrow because if not the atmosphere in VP on Saturday will be very toxic and why would the owners want that?

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

If we lose tonight (and I say 'If' very tongue in cheek) surely he should be sacked tomorrow because if not the atmosphere in VP on Saturday will be very toxic and why would the owners want that?

I think there's some truth in the "4 games to save his job" rumours, because if you're putting a manager in a position where the viability of their job depends on them getting a result against two of the best and most in-form teams in the country, what's the **** point?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think there's some truth in the "4 games to save his job" rumours, because if you're putting a manager in a position where the viability of their job depends on them getting a result against two of the best and most in-form teams in the country, what's the **** point?

If they had pulled the trigger after West Ham like they should have done then they wouldn't be in this predicament. Incompetence at the very highest level at AVFC!

23 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:
  • we have CM's playing at full back and full backs playing on the wing and wingers on the bench
  • we don't know our best team, bombed out potentially key players

It's this for me, I consider myself to be relatively smart, but I have no idea what SG is doing or even trying to do, and suspect that with SG, that makes two of us.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

SURELY it has reached the owners and Purslow/Lange by this point that a majority of fans want him gone.

If any of them check VT, Facebook or Twitter they can't fail to be aware!

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

It's just so tiresome. We know this isn't going anywhere, yet still we have to put up with him. I hope the board are already scouting out replacements so that when he does go they can bring them in immediately.

Purslow was so quick to tap up his mate when Smith was getting sacked, I hope he's keeping the same energy right now.

If you're at the '4 games to save his job' point, you've effectively made the decision already. It's even more obvious when 2 of those games are against the 2 form teams in the league, the 2 teams right now good look at the fixtures and say 'anythings a bonus'. They may as well have sacked him on Monday. I'd have preferred they sacked him after Palace, but after West Ham he was dead.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Also the aim this season was for top 7. You don't get top 7 by getting 0 points whenever you play the big 5 or 6 teams in this league.

You also dont get top 7 by being the only team that cant win.

Look at the league table.Wet spam..have one win ( against us )

Bournmouth have one win    ( against us ) 

Palace have one win    (against us ) 

To top it all off,we have just lost to a team that has not won a game or scored a goal,and now we play a team that has not lost a game.FFS,whats the point of keeping him around ?!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

If you're at the '4 games to save his job' point, you've effectively made the decision already. It's even more obvious when 2 of those games are against the 2 form teams in the league, the 2 teams right now good look at the fixtures and say 'anythings a bonus'. They may as well have sacked him on Monday. I'd have preferred they sacked him after Palace, but after West Ham he was dead.

I agree.

It's only tabloid speculation, but I think when you're at that point, it's a matter of time. Say he wins a couple of those 4, how far does it push the clock back. another couple of losses? Poor form in the next 4/5? It's been clear for a while that he's a dead man walking, and unless he performs a miracle, Saturday is shaping up to be deeply unpleasant. It's a mistake to have allowed it to get to the point that the manager gets hounded out, but we're nearly there.

Edited by Davkaus

12 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Sack now and have a new guy fact City and Arsenal or bring him in against the easier Soton ( though they seem to have hit another winning run they often go on ) and Leicester ...

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I agree.

It's only tabloid speculation, but I think when you're at that point, it's a matter of time. Say he wins a couple of those 4, how far does it push the clock back. another couple of losses? Poor form in the next 4/5? It's been clear for a while that he's a dead man walking, and unless he performs a miracle, Saturday is shaping up to be deeply unpleasant. It's a mistake to have allowed it to get to the point that the manager gets hounded out, but we're nearly there.

Haaland and Guardiola will be rubbing their hands at the thought of the records they could break in that game. 

Â