Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s shown absolutely nothing, nothing whatsoever to suggest he’ll get it sorted. If there had been some glimmer of light, or if we were playing even remotely well and losing still, I’d perhaps be willing to give him time, but we aren’t. We’re an absolute mess from the moment the team is picked to moment the final whistle is blown. The formation, tactics and substitutions are all wrong and we’re playing some of the worst football I’ve seen since we were promoted. We’re a dreadful side and his record is utterly abysmal. He has to go. The only reason he is still here is because his name is Steven Gerrard. He’s clueless as a manager.

I have never been more convinced that a manager is out of his depth/a chancer/charlatan as much as Stevie G. I thought I was convinced than Sherwood was diabolical - I'm even more despondent about SG. 

I think the players liked TS. I know they do not like Gerrard.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Villa Gaffa said:

Ever since Gerrard arrived he has talked the talk about Europe without us even showing anything close to being at that level. We are publicly setting ourselves up to fail

I think he was putting out the message the club wanted to start with re Europe but he reined it in a bit during pre season. In his interviews around that time, he was mainly talking about finishing inside the top 10. I think , for all his faults, he is more realistic than CP re targets and publically announcing them.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s shown absolutely nothing, nothing whatsoever to suggest he’ll get it sorted. If there had been some glimmer of light, or if we were playing even remotely well and losing still, I’d perhaps be willing to give him time, but we aren’t. We’re an absolute mess from the moment the team is picked to moment the final whistle is blown. The formation, tactics and substitutions are all wrong and we’re playing some of the worst football I’ve seen since we were promoted. We’re a dreadful side and his record is utterly abysmal. He has to go. The only reason he is still here is because his name is Steven Gerrard. He’s clueless as a manager.

Even things like the league cup win over Bolton was depressing. I can only imagine how deflated Cameron Archer and Iroegbunam were when they found out they were not going to start that one, no trust in them at all. Here is the Brighton team that comfortably beat a league 1 opponent for comparison.

image.png.069a803af313e58f0a9500a6bf36c0f4.png

57 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

All the conjecture, discussion etc. is just nonsense and boring. Gerrard is going to get sacked, there is no two ways about it. It’ll either happen tomorrow, the next day or in 3 weeks time. It is going to happen, it just depends exactly when Purslow has the balls to tell his mate. 

= Wednesday 

• Thanks 1

Can you imagine being a manager of anything in any other walk of life and being this shit at your job? You'd be sacked. 

These media idiots backing him would be like getting your family and friends to ring up your company and claim 'He just needs time, you won't get anyone better', you'd be laughed out the door. 

I'm sick of of us having to settle for second best. He's failing woefully and needs replacing before our season is a write off or worse still, we are in a relegation battle with a squad totally lacking morale and fight to get out of it. 

My one hope, my biggest hope, is our owners are not clowns. They are hugely successful and not through luck or chance. To be in their position they've had to make brutal decisions at the expense of others and I seriously cling onto the fact they will in this instance. 

This might've been spoken about earlier, but I think Gerard's comments after West Ham were telling.

He spoke about "not having imagination or creative spark" to unpick West Ham in the final third. Surely it's on him and his team to come up with an avenue to open up West Ham. It shouldn't be down to the "imagination" of the players to figure it out.

It also doesn't help to complain about not having a "creative spark" when you've got Buendia and Bailey sitting on the bench.

The man isn't a coach or a tactician.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TRO said:

How did we know Ron Saunders skill set, before we appointed him?....or Brian Little's.....John Gregory was blown away, with his appointment, saying pinch me......He was managing Wycombe, how was he of the quality?

SG was alegedly grilled for 5 hrs in his interview.....what if Nick, he is doing everything right, but its not working for reasons, we don't know.....We simply don't know, all the elements, but just putting 2 +2 together and saying it much be the manager.

If we was winning right now, some of the speculative claims would be ignored.....much is being conjured up to feed the narrative of sacking him.

If what is being said mainly on here( because there was renditions during the game of SG's claret and blue army) is right.....He will be replaced.

The hierarchy will know, if my suspicions are unfounded, and he will get sacked.....if he is kept on, I suspect, there is more to it, than meets the eye.

It will all come out in the wash.

With all due respect TRO - this is a tad convoluted if you don’t mind me saying so.

Its painfully there for all to see - Gerrard can’t get a tune out of a group of pretty talented individuals - I’m not suggesting we are world beaters by any stretch of the imaginations - but we are a darn sight better than the current fayre.

Its got to be down to Gerrard/ Tactics/ Leadership/ Man management and so forth.

We are sleepwalking a road that is taking us nowhere - in my humble opinion it’s time to draw a line with him and move towards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ender In The Sky said:

Gerrard is inexperienced we all knew this. This is his first real challenge as a manager and a crucial time for all of us.turn on him now and it could not only destroy him but turn a potentially good season into another relegation battle. Given time he’ll get it sorted. 

Potentially a good season? Everything so far this season and for all of 2022 suggests that is far from the case.  The way we are playing we will be in a relegation battle.

Nothing to date suggests he will sort it, it actually suggests he will get worse as we seem to be regressing and more division is happening 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ender In The Sky said:

Gerrard is inexperienced we all knew this. This is his first real challenge as a manager and a crucial time for all of us.turn on him now and it could not only destroy him but turn a potentially good season into another relegation battle. Given time he’ll get it sorted. 

If this was after 7 games in charge. Yes. But 31? And all the stuff coming out about the atmosphere at the club? No. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Even worse, much of the malaise he has inflicted entirely himself!

The captaincy debacle centre to that.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I’m sorry but I have to disagree.

I, for one, am incapable of making my own decisions so have to rely on a forum to decide for me and I’ll just go along with it.

To be fair, I am only 40 so I’m hoping people understand.

On an unrelated note, I’ve got a choice between Alpha-Bites and Fruit Loops for breakfast.

Please help!!!

Neither eat a turkey 🦃 for breakfast instead.

27 minutes ago, Ghost said:

This might've been spoken about earlier, but I think Gerard's comments after West Ham were telling.

He spoke about "not having imagination or creative spark" to unpick West Ham in the final third. Surely it's on him and his team to come up with an avenue to open up West Ham. It shouldn't be down to the "imagination" of the players to figure it out.

It also doesn't help to complain about not having a "creative spark" when you've got Buendia and Bailey sitting on the bench.

The man isn't a coach or a tactician.

Yeah, I have a massive problem with this. Complaining there's no creative spark.....

Well if there's no creative spark why have you got two strikers on the pitch who are getting no service? Start with one and then use one of the many creative talents you leave on the bench more often than not, maybe not congest the centre of the pitch either as that just forces the opposition narrow and basically puts a wall of bodies in between the edge of the area and the goal. Crikey, this is basic stuff and I've never been involved in professional football..... I just work in the emergency services....

• Like 1

Â