Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

It doesn't help when you have lollipops singing his name like he deserves it. Dummies.

Watching us currently, it's getting worse. Coutinho was in better form when he first arrived. We are managing to f*** up everyone under Gerrard. The players ain't worth shit, the system is shit and the pathetic excuses are shit. We got poor under Smith at the end but at least we had a go. This is utter garbage. 

Gerrard out!

• Like 1

I think what the owners/board have done with the club is fantastic- the investment, the vision and the potential.

However that could all be undone by the naive appointment of a rookie manager, partly due to sentimental reasons.

The board need to act fast and stop the rot to protect their investment and keep the fans interested.

Gerrard might talk a good game but as every game goes by he confirms he is tactically lacking, with clear favourites being picked regardless of form and shows no signs of improvement. 

Gerrard - it’s time to leave.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm not usually one to rush into changing things but I feel today was a must win game and we failed to turn up again. 

I can only hope that as we go into the next 2 games with zero expectations, we might get lucky. 

Lucky how? Lucky create a decent chance? Lucky not to get beat by 4-5 in each? 

If SG somehow gets us quite far above the relegation zone by the start of October then I might not be against him having a whole season. But him getting us up to that position by then looks really unlikely, especially with our next game away to transformed, high-flying Arsenal. They may well massively thrash us, I can feel that about to happen, which will be a new low. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Really never thought I'd hate a Villa manager more than Steve Bruce but somehow Gerrard has managed that. 

Congrats on something I guess. 

Steve Gerrard, Steve Bruce and Tim Sherwood. Oh, how blessed we have been with such illustrious and loveable leaders. 

• Like 2

I’m so confused about Gerard. He talks a really good game. He has the players to be doing so much better. It’s just not working. 

If there was a coherent plan that just wasn’t working I would be more understanding. But it all seems to be ad hoc. And more worrying there seems to be no ideas about how to fix the problems! 

He won’t last much longer if things don’t change quickly! 

Â