Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

SG has straight up just rubbished the conspiracy theories about him and Tyrone on BBC post match.

" I can't control what written outside of Aston Villa "

" Yes I made the decision to change the Captain, that was my decision, I wanted to put.mt own stamp on the team if you like "

" But no one has taken Tyrone out of the team, he was injured last week, he came back and trained extremely well this week was very good today, so credit to him "

https://fb.watch/eTR91gzD94/

I’m glad the line has been drawn under this episode, but the look me in the eye meme is great and VillaTalk would be a worse place without it so let’s not let the truth ruin our fun

Edited by a m ole
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Totally gutted we won as it means Gerrard keeps his job longer. Was desperate for Everton to score at the end. Would have been brilliant to show how shit Gerrard is a manager. Never been so gutted at a full time whistle.

A breakaway support group has been formed just for the likes of you mate 🤣

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1876993452631588/?ref=share

4 members strong and growing! A safe space where you can be honest with your intentions!

Screenshot_20220814-020528_Facebook-min.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A breakaway support group has been formed just for the likes of you mate 🤣

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1876993452631588/?ref=share

4 members strong and growing! A safe space where you can be honest with your intentions!

Screenshot_20220814-020528_Facebook-min.jpg

This is brilliant. I left Facebook a long time ago but going to have to rejoin now!!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Totally gutted we won as it means Gerrard keeps his job longer. Was desperate for Everton to score at the end. Would have been brilliant to show how shit Gerrard is a manager. Never been so gutted at a full time whistle.

I think that is a very naive view. I don't know if Gerrard will be a success at Villa or not as I don't believe we have seen enough of him to be able to make an informed decision. Too many people appear to let bias influence their decision making and that is a very dangerous thing imo. Luckily the senior management at Villa appear to have good business acumen and enough experience to avoid falling into the bias trap

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeah when I said I hope we lose (for long term benefit) I was obviously talking bollocks as I felt 0% that way once we actually kicked off.

Coutinho starting over Buendia drains me though.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Embarassing that the media twisted his words and he felt the need to clarify. It was a totally unecessary distraction, but thankfully we can all move on.

He did say it was a bit about the captaincy in the full quotes you posted didn't he? If he was too injured to start then how can it be about anything else.

Either way, it doesn't really matter now. Hopefully Ming's continues to start and plays well, or he gets replaced because one of the others has stepped up and shown they can win aerial balls!

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Mings started,so,does that mean that he looked SG in the eye.

If Mings and Gerrard look each other in the eye.Is that the same as "dancing cheek to cheek"?

Now they’re walking hand in hand, working together, not head to head, against each other. 

I’d hate to see them go toe to toe. That’d be bad for everyone. Thankfully, they had a heart to heart, spoke soul to soul, and feel good about things now.

Our next two games are back to back. I hope we fight tooth and nail. 

I’m done. I hate idioms. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Embarassing that the media twisted his words and he felt the need to clarify. It was a totally unecessary distraction, but thankfully we can all move on.

Media will always twist stuff. It’s what they do. What is more embarrassing is how quick fans are to jump on it.   I don’t know the meaning of support anymore. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I don’t mean to lower the tone, but something really bothers me about his hair. Is it sprayed on? It looks very thick, but compacted together. 

I have to look away during the interviews.

AD0AC487-C33A-4AEA-9676-974F7B08B0DA.jpeg

You can have a go at his selections. You can have a to at his formations. You can have a go at his media interviews. But do NOT have a go at his hair. It is a timeless masterpiece. 

• Haha 1

I'm not prepared to give Slippy G a free pass for the rest of the season just because Diego Carlos is injured. Quality teams just carry on regardless. Anything lower than European qualification is total failure in my opinion.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 14/08/2022 at 02:59, a m ole said:

I’m glad the line has been drawn under this episode, but the look me in the eye meme is great and VillaTalk would be a worse place without it so let’s not let the truth ruin our fun

Trouble is that he actually said “Tyrone has to look me in the eye and tell me he is ready to play”.

No mention of injury made or even insinuated, this still looks like a rapid backtrack! 

• Like 1

Yes.

When people are saying that they are gutted that the opposition didn't equalise.

Gérard says mings was injured not dropped, people still disputing it.

Perhaps I was wrong in comparing it to the matrix, more the conspiracy theories in the later  X files.

• Like 1

Â