Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m afraid if the first signing is anything to go by we will be quite strong next season. Big demand for season tickets, how about considering letting someone who wants to get behind the manager have it?

I would do. But those who are 'behind' won't be come October so it seems a bit pointless.

You worried little Stevie might start crying if someone shouts something nasty about him ?

It's true that we do have a weak underbelly in the cub. Have done for a number of years. Gerrard needs to root that out. Upgrading two thirds of midfield should help. 

To be honest i'd rather have rolled over 3-0 today then get my hopes up!

• Like 1

Nobody hates Lplop more than me. I did'nt want them to win the league today, so that is one good thing, and i hated SG as a player because he always scored screemers against us, but he is a winner, and we haven't had a manager with the right mentality since Sir Ron Saunders.

He can take us a long way imho

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Xela said:

It's true that we do have a weak underbelly in the cub. Have done for a number of years. Gerrard needs to root that out. Upgrading two thirds of midfield should help. 

Which ever way you look at it, we have ‘done a Villa’. That’s the upsetting thing. 

We absolutely needed to replace Dean Smith he had taken us as far as he was capable of and I’m grateful for what he did for the club, but I’m so unsure SG is the one to take us forward just not seen anything to suggest he is likely to make use a top 8 team. However he has my full support and I hope I’m proven wrong but if we are below 12th at Christmas he needs to go.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The damage from this defeat will be permanent for the team. Line the Wolves loss. Gerrard knows a 5 0 loss would have been better. 

He and this team will never recover from this

Well hopefully there won’t be much of this team left to have to get over it. 
Time to replace this lot with some winners now. We have messed around for long enough. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Said it before but a large part of the spine of our team (McGinn, Luiz, Mings and Konsa) were in the spine of our 2019/20 season. At least two of those players need to be replaced in the starting lineup.

• Like 2

Just now, Tayls said:

Which ever way you look at it, we have ‘done a Villa’. That’s the upsetting thing. 

Absolutely. I've no love for either Citeh or Liverpool, but stopping Citeh today would have been a little payback for them taking all our best players off us over the years. Just would have been nice, thats all, but as soon as they scored one, every Villa fan knew what was coming. Doesn't matter who's in charge or who's on the pitch, we crumble.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Same. Nobody expects us to beat City, but we're a national laughing stock losing in that manner, it's going to suck seeing this played back for years.

• Like 1

Football is a funny and frustrating game. Before the 70th minute, it looked like Pep has really bottled it, doing all three subs and the team still struggling. Then it looked like Gerrard bottled it, not being able to get in the right fresh legs for the last 20 minutes.

I think the players could have managed themselves to 14th this season. Smith had to go and we’ve done half the job getting someone who can attract a higher calibre of player but we still need someone who can make a team more than the sum of its parts. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fair play Nick, i'm kind of happy it's over?

Disappointed in the finishing place obviously though.

We were so close to possibly moving up a couple places at least.

This next sentence is not on Gerrard at all because it feels like this for decade(s) 

When we were 2-0 up with 15 minutes left, are we the only half decent team any where whose fans thinks we might just lose this!

Edited by nick76

Losing from 2-0 up with >15 minutes to go not once but twice in the same season under two separate managers kind of says it all really. Admittedly the Wolves one was a lot worse for multiple reasons but not really sure how we get over these mental issues.

• Like 4

I enjoy Gerrard more and more, I can see what he is trying to do and its exciting. I think our recruitment upgrades have been worth the price of admission alone. A new PL manage without a preseason is going to be streaky. Enjoying the ride. 

• Like 2

I will give Gerrard until christmas. Think he will get us some decent players and that we will be in a good position. Think both Digne and Coutinho have class and have shown it several times. Three new players into our startin 11 and we will be good.

Â