Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Gerrard can attract players. That's something that shouldn't be underestimated. 

As manager, I've yet to see the positives. Hope they come in the Autumn.

Yep, totally agree!

• Like 1

To add to what I said just now, since that Wolves collapse we've actually taken the lead in quite a lot of games and held on to win fairly easily (our main issue under Gerrard has been falling behind and coming back). Not sure simply holding onto leads in future will do it. It really does seem to be something in the DNA of the club.

8 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

This is where I'm at. It's undeniable that he's going to bring in some top players. 

But, after a good chunk in charge, I'd really hoped to have seen things that make me think he will then put it all together and get us in that top 8. 

There's really not been lots to convince us. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Which ever way you look at it, we have ‘done a Villa’. That’s the upsetting thing. 

It is, but in truth most of us thought it'd be all over inside of 10 minutes.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what we can do with SG in charge next season.

• Like 3

Just going to forget about this season. The summer window is already off to a cracker, just going to enjoy it. Hope we start next season well. I'm tired of being inconsistent. I'd rather be consistently shit tbh. The recurring false hope is a silent killer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

It is, but in truth most of us thought it'd be all over inside of 10 minutes.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what we can do with SG in charge next season.

I think he's clearly a good manager. He manages Aston Villa unfortunately. 

• Haha 1

Thank **** it’s over. Jury is well out on Gerrard for me. Not convinced one bit. He needs to show more than brief flashes of positive football as most of his time here has been lambert style dourness. All well and good blaming players and individual errors, his tactics and substitutions at times haven’t been good at all. Hopefully he learns quicker. 

• Like 3

I wonder how long Gerrard can continue to attract such good players though. There's going to come a point where he's been here long enough and we're not at a sufficiently high enough place in the table to attract said players. Thankfully the season is over, and he'll continue to have the pull this summer. The signings already have been superb.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm actually looking forward to next season.

You can see real green shoots of what he is trying to do. We just don't have the quality of player throughout the team to do it effectively. Too weak in the spine of the team.

New RCB, 2x CM and a CF and lets see how we look. 

I can see the reliance on full backs. Interested in what else you've seen, because apart from knowing we will sign better players, I haven't seen much on the pitch to convince me we will make great strides forward. 

• Like 3

I’m pro Gerrard and already looking forward to next season but he properly messed up with that Nakamba sub. My heart sunk as soon as I saw him coming on. I could get him taking Coutinho off if he was struggling but the change of shape just invited more pressure just at a time we couldn’t cope with it. 

We need the signings in through the door asap to lift morale. I think he will make us into a top 8 side. I don’t know how he sorts out our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot though. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Agreed.

No problem with the Nakamba sub.

It's not a mentality thing playing away at City. They do that to everyone. It's technical ability and coaching.

• Like 2

He will sort the mentality out, I have little doubts about it. Recruitment will be key in this, we have already seen signs of that. More to come. SG is a very determined person, he will not give up easily which gives me encouragement. I am 95 per cent confident we will move forward next season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He's a very good manager realising he's made the worst decision of his career. He's in the graveyard at 41. 

Enjoying these posts.

He's not a very good manager I'm afraid.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He's a very good manager realising he's made the worst decision of his career. He's in the graveyard at 41. 

He hasn't mate. You are overreacting a tad. Take a break from the forum for a bit, you will come back feeling better.

• Haha 1

Â