Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

5 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Have absolutely no issues with this at all. He’s Mr Liverpool and always will be, and it’s a charity game. 

It wasn’t the game that was the issue but the LFC media clip.  You can see the distinction surely as per the post above.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

To be fair, you’re not dumb and get there is a distinction between the LFC media clip and actually playing in the LFC charity match.  Only somebody dumb or wanting to be inflammatory would say their is no distinction and you’re neither of those.

No I was taking the piss and I actually thought he'd celebrate more than he did

As much as anything else I think the Liverpool TV stuff the thought that villa fans might see this and be offended by it probably never even crossed his mind, kissing the badge or slapping his chest after scoring probably did, especially with it being a penalty and him having some time to think about it 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anybody else relaise, when we don't have a domestic game, buildup, or a transfer window for too long, we go a bit loopy?

Crazy Homer Simpson GIF - Crazy Homer Simpson Conspiracy - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It wasn’t the game that was the issue but the LFC media clip.  You can see the distinction surely as per the post above.

Even the media clip, it’s only there because of the charity game and it’s promotion for it. If he was there taking training sessions on his day off wearing Liverpool gear I’d be more concerned 

If he was wearing Liverpool colours when we were playing them, then I would have a problem, but he will be wearing a suit or jumper or coat (see  below) and as an employee of our football club, he will want always want to win any game (as the last one below suggests). He's made it clear often enough in the past, during interviews when the subject of Liverpool is brought up, that he is there to talk about Aston Villa.

image.jpeg.f7f9ea80e2352b1999a78444cdb453e9.jpeg image.jpeg.2ce70071e63d261d52b4e9fa56f39a09.jpeg image.jpeg.18048591147ac566b961195455a76df8.jpeg

• Like 4

Couldn't give a toss about this stuff. 

Care more about his silly narrow formation causing issues. Give me wingers Steve. People play with them for a reason. Even Liverpool play with wingers that drift in and out! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Even the media clip, it’s only there because of the charity game and it’s promotion for it. If he was there taking training sessions on his day off wearing Liverpool gear I’d be more concerned 

Like Terry was doing regularly as a player and a coach?

2 hours ago, Dale said:

Couldn't give a toss about this stuff. 

Care more about his silly narrow formation causing issues. Give me wingers Steve. People play with them for a reason. Even Liverpool play with wingers that drift in and out! 

Me too, honestly I would love to swap him with Smith again at this point.

I am genuinely very worried about the damage that stupid formation is going to do to our squad this summer.

Edited by paul514

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Can't believe people are losing their minds over a charity game.

They aren’t! Some people didn’t care about the charity match at all that was all fine, but didn’t feel the pregame LFC media clip/chat in full gear was the best idea. Some people disagree and think it’s nothing which is also fine.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 26/03/2022 at 12:58, hippo said:

The difference is Stevie G openly has ambitions to manage Liverpool.

For that reason he is going to buy ready made players ignoring development and youth players.

If the likes of chuck , bidace Archer  get shunted aside for a few ageing Scouser mates - that's going to create issues.

He's also quite young and not in a hurry. I think the owners and Purslow won't let him run wild with things at the detriment to long term stability.

He seems keen to work with youth...

Â