Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Yip, always thought SG was going to be a great appointment for Villa after seeing how his Rangers team fared against very good European opposition. Proving to be the case so far. They just look really slick at the moment. Players look to have much more confidence and that is down to the management team. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Remember the "give Smith more time" brigade? They seem to have disappeared 🤣

Gerrard has won every game except narrow losses to two of the best sides in the world. He literally could not have done a better job so far.

Superb appointment and perfectly timed.

..... 🤔

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

12 points from 18 with 2 single goal defeats against arguably the 2 best teams in Europe. 

Brilliant

I was about to type the same almost word for word in my head. We really couldn't have asked for anymore and were it not for bent referee's, we could have got more.

Over the moon with him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We weren't at our best today, to be honest, but it was a pretty straightforward win - which in footballing cliches is always a good sign. Agree with those saying we couldn't have asked for any more than we've got so far; he and his team are doing a great job.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

We weren't at our best today, to be honest, but it was a pretty straightforward win - which in footballing cliches is always a good sign. Agree with those saying we couldn't have asked for any more than we've got so far; he and his team are doing a great job.

Won a game we were expected to win,all whilst hardly at it, give him time and SG will have us knocking on the door. Great acquisition.

• Like 2

Main thing for me was how confident we looked

Both in the first half when we were playing good football and in the 2nd half when we weren't 

We never looked worried or panicked or like we would give the game to them, we didn't look good for 90 mins but we didn't shit ourselves because of it 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Main thing for me was how confident we looked

Both in the first half when we were playing good football and in the 2nd half when we weren't 

We never looked worried or panicked or like we would give the game to them, we didn't look good for 90 mins but we didn't shit ourselves because of it 

Gerrard looked proper confident too. Didn't even cheer the second goal and just some hugs at the end. It's expected now, an he knows it!

• Like 1

Â