Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, DJ_Villain said:

A born winner...

Out of "The Golden Generation" of Englands midfield of Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes? Gerrard was, IMO, always the one who had the right stuff to be a manager...

I am well on board with him!

Let the good times roll while they last!

He hasn't put a foot wrong so far, he's said the right things so far, his team have performed better then they were, we've gone from 15th to 9th in 6 games including plop prp and Brendon, could he really be the one that puts us well and truly back in the conversation. Its a YES from me, class manager so far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

He hasn't put a foot wrong so far, he's said the right things so far, his team have performed better then they were, we've gone from 15th to 9th in 6 games including plop prp and Brendon, could he really be the one that puts us well and truly back in the conversation. Its a YES from me, class manager so far.

I hope he gets the chance to live his dream and manage his club...
Because if they want him? It can only mean that he has done a good enough job with us for them to take notice...

Go on Stevie!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yes many of us felt that the villa supporter who took us up, kept us up, and basically gave us our villa back had enough credit in the bank to stay on a bit longer. even more were sceptical as to whether gerrard was the right man to take over and was seen by many as no better than smith. go back a few dozen pages to when he was first linked. he was a largely unpopular appointment

the board rolled the dice, its worked out better than most could have possibly imagined and everyone concerned gets great credit

but there's no need to gloat like there was some small 'brigade' that thought smith should've stayed. a large number were rightly nervous about the appointment; but SG is doing a cracking job. long may it continue.

100% well said Tomav, all I hear is the sceptics holding their hands up  and saying well done, fair play to him. Lets not forget that Dean left SG with a club in very good shape, for whatever reasons he lost his way and now we have someone that is continuing his good work, well done to both.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

But aren't we a midtable team 🤣

I notice you do this a lot and I still don’t understand it?  Are you agreeing, being ironic, being sarcastic…it’s a genuine question?  Assuming midtable is 7th or 8th down to 12th or 13th…aren’t we that?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Agree, there are only two places he moves to from here, Liverpool or England. He'll fall in love with Villa, he won't be going anywhere else.

Each game you can tell just how much he realises, and indeed, what it means to work for such a massive, traditional club like ours. You can tell how much he savours it too. Very encouraging.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

A born winner...

Out of "The Golden Generation" of Englands midfield of Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes? Gerrard was, IMO, always the one who had the right stuff to be a manager...

I am well on board with him!

Let the good times roll while they last!

Scholes for me. He just oozes charisma personality and leadership.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Each game you can tell just how much he realises, and indeed, what it means to work for such a massive, traditional club like ours. You can tell how much he savours it too. Very encouraging.

I can't believe the difference in my opinion of him seeing him more up close now, no more dumb dodgy scouse git, he's driven, focused, literate, talented, successful, his hair is unreal, what a guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

I can't believe the difference in my opinion of him seeing him more up close now, no more dumb dodgy scouse git, he's driven, focused, literate, talented, successful, his hair is unreal, what a guy.

For sure, I was a little hesitant, but the more I hear him speak, how he is a born winner and what he expects, his game management. Just everything we needed to move forward. Yes, it's early days still, but the potential is large. Nor can Arteta claim to have the best hair in the league either.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

For sure, I was a little hesitant, but the more I hear him speak, how he is a born winner and what he expects, his game management. Just everything we needed to move forward. Yes, it's early days still, but the potential is large. Nor can Arteta claim to have the best hair in the league either.

Lol, Arteta needs a ton of brilcream to keep he's intact, SG could run through a hurricane without a hair moving.

• Haha 1

Â