Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Xavi is a proven winner and speaks very similar to the media. He has made an average enough start at Barcelona 

It helps Gerrard that we played 2 average teams overhyped by Villa fans early on in his reign and won. Leicester we should be beating as they have made a poor start but this will be a lot tougher

Such a poor take, not even worth explaining for the 100th time. 

Just to add, I wonder if we beat Leicester if you’ll continue with this narrative. “Yes we beat Leicester but we must remember they had a poor start”

Edited by IrishVilla10
  • Like 3

Lets look at this the other way. After this 4th game under Gerrard the average league position of the teams we will have faced when playing them will be 6th . If we can get a result today i would say that we are doing pretty well and that the manager would deserve praise. 

All teams go in and out of form throughout a season and you can only beat whats in front of you. The variables of form just needs to be totally ignored. 

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

When I said “fully onboard” with Gerrard I meant I could see what he was trying to do after 3 games.

It wasn’t a **** 3 year prediction that this man will win us the Premier League, or an agreement with the Smith sacking or whatever.

I agree with the point you’re making, that this forum has become a place where people make wild statements in a quest to be the first to be right (months before any sensible person can decide).

But it was based on a **** nonsense post calling people out for being positive about the work the new manager is doing. A load of shite.

My post wasn't aimed at you Kent, sorry - was just going off on one about society these days, like the bitter old man I'm due to become and shouldn't be at my age. 

• Thanks 1

It’s funny how we’ve gone from starting games well and then fading, to starting games poorly and then *dominating* the second half.

What Gerrard is doing really well is using all the midfield talent. Resting Ramsey midweek was good rotation. Sanson and Chukwuemeka are being used well. We’re ending games with fresh legs doing their job, while Nakamba gives us the solid base.

• Like 3

Would love to know what he said at half time, second half was a fantastic performance in all respects.

Liking his subs atm. Dean as we all know was very like for like in changes he made, Gerrard certainly isn't.

We were dropping too deep with twenty minutes left so putting Carney and Sanson on to give more energy was very clever.

Fair play i was one of Stevie G's detractors when he was first appointed but he's done he business so far.

I hope its not new manager bounce and we really have turned the corner.

The best thing he can do in my eyes is just ignore the whole Anfield situation entirely next fixture as difficult as it may be.

• Like 1

Into the top half, well well, what time does the Gerrard train leave the station? I'll pack a bag.

Very tough game next up, but 3 from 5 will be a great return from what he walked into, anything from next week is a massive bonus. 

Edited by Davkaus

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

The best thing he can do in my eyes is just ignore the whole Anfield situation entirely next fixture as difficult as it may be.

If he touches that **** sign, he's dead to me

• Like 2

I promised myself not to get excited or pessimistic until we’d played at least a dozen games.  Whether we lost loads of games or won a lot I wanted to wait because of reservations of him and also the new manager bounce and maybe I’m just very high on flu drugs but it’s hard not to get carried away with this, it’s a fantastic start. Please don’t come back to bite me.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 4

Â