Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Still hasnt made a substitution yet mind. Its MON all over again.

I hear this is a trait he shares with Deano. But if we're winning I'm sure people won't mind when the subs are made......

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Sure, but when you are effectively managing a lower Premier League or upper Championship side against a League One or Two side (just going on the wages here...), is that really "high pressure" because everyone expects you to win?

I'd say it's more like Gareth Southgate, who has racked up an impressive win % as England coach, because he mainly plays against very average teams, and his mistakes have no consequence. Sure, he occasionally has very high pressure matches, but most of the time he's coming away looking good.

All fair points mate, difficult to disagree with that. 

I guess as I’m not a fan of this appointment I’m trying to look for positives. but  having played for Liverpool and managed in the gold fish bowl of the SPL, I’ve convinced myself that he won’t buckle under pressure. 

His actual ability as a manger is a different argument, and we’ll find that out over the course of time. 

Apologies if already mentioned but has Jermaine Defoe joined on the coaching staff? Heard a Rangers fan say he was linking up as striker coach. 

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Not that I’d heard. Would be interesting though!

I should have googled first just read what he said on ITV before the game. Doesn’t sound like he is joining as still player/coach up there. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

**** that. I want him to make substitutions when I think it's right. :D

You put a smiley - but that's pretty accurate. !

90 minutes and a choice of 5 - the chances of the change you make at minute you would like is pretty slim.

Â