The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

13 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Gerrard is almost a slap in the face for Dean. 

Agreed. If this doesn't work out, the chopping block will also fall on Purslow.

Purslow will know this so he must have a lot of faith in Gerrard! 

4 minutes ago, ada86 said:

What I’m saying is you have someone who has been told info and someone that will make the first team but you jump on them and take the mick when they have info and are villa through and through just like everyone else on here .so you complain when there is no idk but when someone tells you info and someone will make the first team. You say shouldn’t post on the site .this isn’t against everyone this is the people taking that think I’m just some kid lying 

do you mean that YOU are going to make the first team? it's not clear but seems that you're indicating as such?

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

No one is Guaranteed to bring our club success, no matter how knowledgeable or experienced they are purported to be.

However, If Steven Gerrard is our next manager, I will be highly delighted.

Why?.....He is a born winner, its in his DNA, its in his psyche, its in his mentality....It could be in his salary as the owners are equally taken by him...wealthy businessmen usually know the value of most things.

Steve has been a player of unparalleled proportions, accruing over a hundred caps, captaining one of the best clubs in Europe, lifting European cups and leads from the front, in all situations.

As a manager, he is relatively new, but has taken a Huge club, from a damaged place to back to the top of scottish football....some will baulk at the standard of the league, but winning is not easy at any level....He has still wrestled the mantle from another massice club in celtic, when Celtic ruled the roost, during Rangers demotion....it has been a remarkable rise, like a phoenix from the ashes.

Personally, I think it could be a perfect fit....good for SG to be challenging the elite managers he so craves to be, and great for Villa to get back that competitve edge, so needed to further our ambitions. It will undoubtedly raise our profile, outside of B6.

I hope it happens, and I will support him like I have done all our managers of the past.

Most of the this also applied to Roy Keane when he was at Sunderland. 

Given big management jobs to world class ex players, who are unproven at lower levels, fails far more often that it works out. 

Taking this risk after sacking DS is huge and border line reckless. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, allani said:

To be fair most of Scotland's matches have been against opposition that are much worse than your average Premier League team.  There is no doubt that McGinn was amazing for us in the Championship (closer to the level of international qualifying matches).  But against good / top quality opposition he struggles.  He isn't quick enough to get away from people, he isn't skillful enough to beat people, most good players soon figure out his stop, turn, push you off with my ar$e and run the other way trick, he's not good enough at tracking back and he's not fit enough to keep it up for 65 minutes.  I think he is a great character and hope that we can find a way to use him more effectively (even if that is as a super sub).

All good points. I hope we see a better side to him when Gerrard comes in because I’ll be very shocked if he’s not starting. We’re a better team with John playing. We see him playing a largely defensive role atm and he’s still scored 2 and assisted 1 for us, level on goals with Ollie only behind Ings 3. He’s second behind Cash for tackles and second behind Ings for defensive pressures. Level with Targett and Buendia with 14 key passes so there’s obviously a player there. After Douglas he’s the second name on the team sheet in the middle and whoever comes in can assess if we need an upgrade or not when the window opens. 

1 minute ago, ada86 said:

No this player will play for the first team trust me I can’t say who but i am 100% genuine 

Sorry - i'm confused. Are you saying it's you that's going to play for the first team?

Bit off topic, but, you know, - congrats if so!

20 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I do watch Scottish Football (retired & bored) & it really is quite poor overall.  It is a 12 team league with 8 of those teams being not very good so Rangers & Celtic get to play those 8 teams at least three times. Definitely lower Championship or upper League One level. Gerrard did well to win the league but it really isn't that great an achievement . Definitely not enough to warrant a Premier League job.

He could prove me wrong but it's a gamble regardless.

Winning in any league, is not easy.

It takes getting right, so many factors to achieve.

just remember Celtic was the first British team to win the European cup, and on occasions The big 2 have given a game to our top teams in the English league.

All managers area gamble.... fancy Erik Ten Hag, he too has an impressive win ratio, and  good reputation, but the Eredivisie quality is questionable too....did anyone question Rinus Michels or Johan Cryuff, when they embarked on their spanish adventures?

If its in you?.....it will come out, where ever you go.

This is really not what I hoped for or expected when they let Dean go.

Really hope it works out and that the gamble pays off, if it doesn't then Purslow will be out the door because this feels like a 100% Purslow idea.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ada86 said:

No not me someone will you might already have a forum about him you might not but the will make the first team

Morgan Sanson? This is very cryptic bud. Not a criticism but a lot of fake itk's and red tops say things like this.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ada86 said:

See people taking the mick out of me and my post when someone is telling the truth I’ve come on this site to post something I got told and I even said someone will make the first team one day no that is not me . I posted in good faith as like I said I’ve been on this site for years just not posted. You don’t know who I really am but one thing I ain’t doing is lying. Someone will make the first team and when they do you will hear from me again.The couple of comments I have had are wrong and I bet jack grealish brother never had sarcastic comments.

Someone will make the first team?

Sorry but you will need to be a bit more specific than that, unless we have a youth player called "Someone".

Jack Grealish's brother identified who he was and who his brother was, didn't claim to be ITK with cryptic clues - hence did not get any abuse. As ITK cryptic claims go, "someone" casts a wide net.

I will go further and say that this "someone" will be a Male, human, under 20 years old, who plays football. There, I am ITK too, and I will come back and remind everyone of this when it happens.

Beyond that, stating Gerrard is at BMH when he is all over the news in London does damage your credibility somewhat, as do your gibberish posts.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Mate nobody thinks you’re lying. But whoever told you this information clearly is. Have a word with them.

Who knows when the London pictures were taken.  Could have been at 9.00 Am this morning, to get onto the websites it's probably bare minimum an hour, I would guess longer after editors have reviewed and agreed the wordings, then the technical bits involving uploading, layout etc.

Its easily plausible to have your photo taken in London then be at Villa Park within a couple of hours.

He could have had a meeting with Sawiris this morning to iron out details/meet face to face then jump on the express train to Brum to Villa Park for the tour, photo's etc

Not sure why people immediately jumped onto this.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

No one is Guaranteed to bring our club success, no matter how knowledgeable or experienced they are purported to be.

However, If Steven Gerrard is our next manager, I will be highly delighted.

Why?.....He is a born winner, its in his DNA, its in his psyche, its in his mentality....It could be in his salary as the owners are equally taken by him...wealthy businessmen usually know the value of most things.

Steve has been a player of unparalleled proportions, accruing over a hundred caps, captaining one of the best clubs in Europe, lifting European cups and leads from the front, in all situations.

As a manager, he is relatively new, but has taken a Huge club, from a damaged place to back to the top of scottish football....some will baulk at the standard of the league, but winning is not easy at any level....He has still wrestled the mantle from another massice club in celtic, when Celtic ruled the roost, during Rangers demotion....it has been a remarkable rise, like a phoenix from the ashes.

Personally, I think it could be a perfect fit....good for SG to be challenging the elite managers he so craves to be, and great for Villa to get back that competitve edge, so needed to further our ambitions. It will undoubtedly raise our profile, outside of B6.

I hope it happens, and I will support him like I have done all our managers of the past.

He is also flexible, having his team play nice at times and as utter bastards at times.

Our games against WH over the past 2 seasons demonstrated so much of what was missing. I'd welcome us kicking lumps out of them next time we play. This big boy bully ball thing can't be our kryptonite.

This needs to be a priority for the new manager.

• Like 1