The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

In London, maybe he's finally getting his Chelsea move he wanted so badly instead?

i think we do quite a bit of our business in london to be fair. doesn't sawris live there?

1 minute ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Just seems you can post a video of anyone getting off a train, somewhere at sometime these days, put some text below it to give context whether it's true or not (could have been a year ago) and it becomes gospel....

The poster in the background is for 2021 Panto in London, so it's very recent. 

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

the shit thing with that survey is it doesnt follow up the is he the right man question with then who is? i think then you can gauge the opinions better - ie the people that want mancini can go in the bin

the problem with the inevitable headline of 72% dont want gerrard is that 5% want favre, 10% want potter, 10% want fonseca, 5% want him, 12% want someone else...there is no clear favourite or obvious stone cold killer who he can appoint, they're already angling it towards higher experience but i wouldnt put say potter in that category

i dont think is the worst that we could do thats for sure

9 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I’ve been watching villa 45 years and luckily in That  time never seen a manager poached by a bigger club 

I suppose Taylor going to England would be the exception… sort of? But I’m too young to know how that all happened really as I was only 5 at the time!

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

i think we do quite a bit of our business in london to be fair. doesn't sawris live there?

Correct. Everyone does most of their business in London. Most clubs now either have offices there or their owners live there.

14 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The same Ashley Preece that said Smith would get the Brighton game.... (Under which I commented the same Ashley Preece who was convinced Grealish was staying this season)

Edited by DeadlyDirk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So they want to make Villa a "challenging and intense environment for players". - Does this tell us they thought Smith had created a slightly unchallenging and mildly fun environment? Sounds like it. 

Yep, we should definitely be in a mood with Smith making Villa into a holiday camp based on our weird interpretation of a "quote" that a bloke at The Times has made up.

8 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

As someone who's never really rated Smith as much as most other people here, there are definitely some people who I feel are part of the hardcore Smith out crowd and have never said they backed him.

At the same time, there's a lot of people who are hardcore Smith in as well and to this day are showcasing their colours.

Not surprising really, people are commited to their agendas.

Don’t you think backing a manager, as a supporter, is a bit different from constantly trying to undermine him? “Showing our true colours”? What, claret and blue?

FWIW, I’m happy to look forward and would 100% back Gerrard if he joined, but as long as people talk down Smith’s record I’ll defend it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Sorry but Ashley Preece has clearly just been studying Twitter ITK, Sky Sports News and this forum and decided to “break” the story. Still not convinced. 

Right? Preece really doesn’t know anything when it comes to the inner workings. He’s about as ITK as you and I. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eastie said:

If you believe that we’ve not even had talks with gerrard then more fool you - do you really expect the club to go public until all parties are happy - it will be revealed soon enough 

Of course Eastie!! It will be revealed, but not by pretend ITK. I don't believe they've had 'official' talks, let alone saying it's DONE on a forum. He's 100% in a shortlist, that's the thing though, a shortlist needs to be worked through. I'm sure Villa know if Gerrard wants to come as well as other candidates and will now be honing in and finalising. Done by Friday, whoever it is. I don't mind Gerrard and find some of the comments on him bonkers. Wouldn't be my first choice though.