The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I'm resigned to the fact whoever it is, they won't be 'perfect', no1 is. I know who i'd prefer and who I wouldn't. They will also not care as much as Deano cared.

I will back them either way

There isn't a manager on the planet that would be perfect

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

I want that fat bald fecker with the tats - he'd be a legend 

He makes Sean Dyche look like John Inman !

I imagine him on the touch line, sporting a mile jedinak beard.

It would be hilarious to watch, but probably from the distance of another club lol.

Edited by Mister_a

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Did he ?

My recollection was he didn't change anything and sulked his way to compensation package.

I thought he tried to bring back in the likes of Veretout and the likes of Richards, Lescott etc downed tools.

I could be wrong, I was massively abusing the booze over that period and my brain wasn't all that but I think he tried to change things up, felt like he was peeing against the wind and then was left with nobody to rely on and we went without a whimper.

9 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Wise man my friend 👍

It bemuses me how you see this as a good thing, it basically turns NWSE from being ruthless business men hellbent on success to second-rate stand off owners pandering to Purslows little black book.

I fail to see a single positive from a Gerrard appointment, I would be as underwhelmed as when McLeish walked through the door.  It would expose the full extent of our lack of ambition. 

• Like 1

Favre all day. Have enviously watched clubs either have or almost have him in so that it's seemingly a realistic option for Villa to get him in makes it a no-brainer for me. The decision makers would be mad to not at least try.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Think that’s just a new manager cliche. Everyone said it when Smith took over from Bruce. Fitness is likely nothing to do with Smith - Lange would appoint the fitness trainers. They’ll know exactly how fit everyone is and it’ll be the same as every other team in the PL.

And when Smith questioned the fitness of the players he inherited from Bruce, our favourite Liverpudlian pundit Danny Murphy was quick to criticise Smith for that comment.

Strangely, Murphy’s thoughts aren’t recorded for when Bruce gave his opinion on the fitness of RDM’s squad.

"I wouldn't like to say anything against another manager," said Bruce.

"But it's fair to say that some of them could be in better condition."

Bruce, who took over on 12 October following the sacking of Roberto di Matteo, told BBC WM: "I can now understand why they've been conceding late - but that's an easy one to sort.

"To play in the Championship, you have to have intensity. But we can work on that.

BBC link

• Haha 1

There’s a couple I’d like but they have only recently made moves this season, so impossible to get. The next in line for me, yes it may be something of a risk, but most managers are, would be Xabi Alonso. Doing a great job at Sociedad B, got them promoted and clubs in Bundesliga looking at him.

• Like 2