The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

25 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Another rebuild?????

I don't think the owners will expect this, which is why they moved quick to sack Smith. I imagine from what I have heard, they are still expecting European football.

i didnt say rebuild?

I said we should hope for mid table this season, considering we are currently close to a relegation battle right now.

I also said develop a proper style of play for whats left of this season, which we havent had for a while.

By invest in the summer, i just mean invest well as normal, get a couple of key players in, and aim high.

Not once did i imply a rebuild.

I think Nuno is being overlooked .Incredible rise from championship to Europa league in nearby team.

Yes football wasn’t free flowing but was very effective.To me he is a safe option with premier league experience

Relegation is a real possibility this season,Newcastle will invest heavily in January and Burnley always get out of it.Then your looking around,Watford and Norwich look weak but who else?Are we going to finish above Brighton,Palace ,Wolves doesn’t look like it.

Lets not forget Remi Garde.Highly regarded but also shit for us.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

As @Kuwabatake Sanjuro highlights, Rangers have filed account losses lately that will no doubt prevent them from being able to sign better calibre of players to help Rangers progress further.

Gerrard will know this and will see the time will soon be near for him to realise that he won't be provided with the tools to help 'kick them on' any further when it comes to playing in these European Competitions.

I think a job and club like Villa will be a big next step for Gerrard, but one I think he will take with both hands that matches his ambition as a manager like it does us as a club.

It’s still laughable you see Gerrard as a step up for Villa, he is not the “next level” manager the club reportedly wants.

If he is the new Manager, it will be a huge reality check for the fan base on NWSE’s ambitions .  Gerrard will end in tears if not relegation, Scottish Football is not the Premier League.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We will definitely be working on someone, I mean we don't even have a coach at the moment, who would manage the Brighton game if no one is about signed.

Pretty sure MacPhee, Danks, & Cutler are still at the club leading training at the moment.  

2 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

I think Nuno is being overlooked .Incredible rise from championship to Europa league in nearby team.

Yes football wasn’t free flowing but was very effective.To me he is a safe option with premier league experience

Relegation is a real possibility this season,Newcastle will invest heavily in January and Burnley always get out of it.Then your looking around,Watford and Norwich look weak but who else?Are we going to finish above Brighton,Palace ,Wolves doesn’t look like it.

Lets not forget Remi Garde.Highly regarded but also shit for us.

Nuno's shit - he just had a very good squad of players. 

Relegation is not a real possibility ffs either. 

1 minute ago, macandally said:

It’s still laughable you see Gerrard as a step up for Villa, he is not the “next level” manager the club reportedly wants.

That is a good point. I am feeling less Gerrard anxiety now. The club said what they want and Gerrard does not have the CV to deliver it. Yes he could be brilliant but I don't think he is what we are looking for

I voted Favre out of those. Valverde is an interesting option too!

As for Remi Garde, he was on a hiding to nothing, absolute dog-shit team and tried to change too much, too soon. Genuinely think if he started the season with all those new Jordan's along with Adama, instead of Sherwood then it wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I can't believe that someone, out of all the options available on that list, chose Frank Lampard and someone else went with Martinez. Frightening. 

I also can't believe some people actually take polls like these seriously...

3 minutes ago, macandally said:

I think a job and club like Villa will be a big next step for Gerrard, but one I think he will take with both hands that matches his ambition as a manager like it does us as a club.

I don't see how you can think Gerrard matches the ambition which NSWE, CP and Dean in his statement say the club has. What is it that makes him match our ambition to build a Premier League club into a top 4/6 team that is competing in European football