The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

I get the sentiment, we need to properly establish ourselves in the top 8 before we can start risking the integration of youth, too much pressure, get ahead and then blood them slowly. As you say though, if they are good enough they start,  Jude Bellingham for instance would be a starter for us now 100%.

Bellingham is generational. 

Not convinced by Carney against Brentford. Was an average to a poor performance. 

That's not to say he can't become a top player but right now he is not ready. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I suspect that we are going to be in an information void for a few days. Media have no idea who we are after and are just linking us with the same names that Newcastle and Spurs were linked with. Purslow will be working to try and agree a deal with a manager and we will only get a sniff of it when it is much closer to happening. There will be a lot of frustration on VT in the coming days and complaining about NSWE and CP for not having a plan :)

Don’t think will be a long wait at all mate , maybe 48 hours if that . 

Just now, villalad21 said:

Bellingham is generational. 

Not convinced by Carney against Brentford. Was an average to a poor performance. 

That's not to say he can't become a top player but right now he is not ready. 

He has the potential but like we say, the pressure on us to get where we are going is too great to lump it on the kids. Unless they are a Bellingham, they have to wait till we can bring them in to a good team.

12 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Bringing youth through is much more financially sustainable though, it would also help us to spend our transfer budget on fewer players and thus be able to buy better quality.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a few more go out on loan, to either further prepare themselves for the 1st team, or to bring in a healthy transfer fee. Once you start getting a reputation for having one of the best academies in the country, you can start getting some Jordan Ibe / Rhain Brewster fees for the next Keinan Davies.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think some of our fans, underrate us as a club, more than the actual football world.

It also indicates that, there will be managers who know what we've got in personnel, youth set up, finances etc and think " I could thrive with that ".

Agree with you guys I will!!

There now is alot that would appeal to the best in the business, even when you watch our players upon these losses you can see there's a capable squad there, the new guy and his new tactics could really set the players on fire and take them to the next level.

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

He has the potential but like we say, the pressure on us to get where we are going is too great to lump it on the kids. Unless they are a Bellingham, they have to wait till we can bring them in to a good team.

Absolutely correct. We must not put too much onto young players in development. I’m old enough to remember Jimmy Brown making his debut not long before his 16th birthday. We will never know if he would have made the grade but such exposure at an early age, and in a struggling team, played its part in spoiling any chance he had.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I also wouldn't mind seeing a few more go out on loan, to either further prepare themselves for the 1st team, or to bring in a healthy transfer fee. Once you start getting a reputation for having one of the best academies in the country, you can start getting some Jordan Ibe / Rhain Brewster fees for the next Keinan Davies.

And now that Howe is going to Newcastle there will be some crazy fees paid for dross

• Like 1

Obviously our academy is a big part of our future strategy, and the new manager will be appointed with that in mind, but that doesn't mean that the new manager will be expected to play the youth products no matter what, they will have to prove themselves first which is an extremely difficult thing to do, as they're bascially competing with players that cost tens of millions of pounds, and not just players already at the club but players we could potentially sign... So as much as we want to use the academy to feed our first team, for it to work and to help us achieve the club's ambitions it would pretty much have to be one of the very best academies in Europe... Like an English version of Ajax or something along those lines.

Just now, Rodders said:

there's a lot of pages to go back, where's the link with Gerrard? Would be **** woeful to go for him. Scottish league is a useless indicator of capabilities, especially at either Rangers / Celtic

He is the bookies favourite for the job at 6/4 but that doesn't really mean anything at this stage

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Agree with you guys I will!!

There now is alot that would appeal to the best in the business, even when you watch our players upon these losses you can see there's a capable squad there, the new guy and his new tactics could really set the players on fire and take them to the next level.

Which is why, as much as it hurts, I think the board decided to act when they did.

IF we were to slide further, we would have become more unnatractive, our best players would have become unsettled, and we would be less attractive to new signings.

I guess it was a risk they weren't willing to take, especially in such a competetice League, where teams/owners are only getting stronger.

Have to make our " headstart " count somewhat.

• Like 1