The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

You do realise his Brighton side haven't won a game since mid September ?

They are also getting a reputation of creating but missing chances.

I wonder if they need a decent striker and if they had one, how would that impact their results. Maybe if they had Ings and Watkins they would be higher up the league that 7th

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I wonder if they need a decent striker and if they had one, how would that impact their results. Maybe if they had Ings and Watkins they would be higher up the league that 7th

True - but you could say if we had a decent DM.

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

We might shortly have competition from Leicester for a new manager.

Or we just get Rodgers if he’s available…happy days imo.

edit:  I know he’s being linked with Man U, sarcasm is hard to portray on the internet.

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’ll be taking them to the World Cup surely?

He's been linked with a fair few jobs recently and it wouldn't shock me to see him move back to club football soon. I also don't think Belgium would be too upset by that either.

Just a feeling, no real logic to back it up haha. 

The pressure on Gerrard wasn't to finish top two, that alone wouldn't have been considered good enough, the pressure was to end Celtic's dominance, which he achieved to the point where Rangers have become the dominant team.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Rodders said:

there's a lot of pages to go back, where's the link with Gerrard? Would be **** woeful to go for him. Scottish league is a useless indicator of capabilities, especially at either Rangers / Celtic

@Eastie and @AvfcRigo82 are both stating that he is the one the club are going for and that he’s interested. That’s the main fuel of the Gerrard speculation.

He wouldn’t be my first choice (the more I read about Favre, the more I like). But I’m not as against the notion of Gerrard than I was when he was first mooted.

It is the Scottish league, but he’s gone there and won it after years of Celtic dominance, last year looks very impressive.

• Sad 1