Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m feeling a bit apathetic towards football at the moment. It all just seems a bit futile and a bit… pointless.

I’m sure I’ll get back to normal soon.

I'm a  like that but its a bit of escapism. 

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I care about shutting their yammering idiotic fans up.

Slightly related I guess: I deleted Twitter this week. It's been absolutely glorious. Thought I'd miss the Villa news but I don't, and the lack of idiotic nonsense from all and sundry is total bliss, like turning off a TV that's blaring nothing but white noise. Highly recommended.

On topic: 2-1 Villa, Ings on the board. UTV. 

• Like 2

I think 4 3 3 

Cash, Konsa, Mings Targett

McGinn Nakamba Ramsey

Buendia Watkins Ings

I see Buendia coming in off the wing as he does behind Watkins with Ings pushing up so it's a 4 3 1 2 at times or a 4 1 3 2 if we really get hold of the game in midfield. I like this as with Buendia there and the 3 in midfield it could mean we get 4 centrally at times and win midfield.

22 minutes ago, robby b said:

The Newcastle takeover really is a blow, an extra super-rich club to compete with suddenly. Argh. 😑☹️

Yeah means we need to keep the focus on the academy. Win the war there to keep getting the talent and keep the path to the first team.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

It used to be for me, but with all the jack going to city, Newcastle takeover, player covid isolations, international breaks, and loads of other reasons… it isn’t the escape it once was.

Ah well, I’m sure we’ll all get back to loving it, I just feel like ‘the games gone’ saying is really coming true for me now.

Still love the Villa obv.

There's just too many international breaks. It feels like we have them all the time. Just think what it'll be like when first WC is bi-annual, and then EC will switch to bi-annual too.

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Great news. That man could parachute out of the plane 5 mins before the whistle and still be ready to play 💪🏻

I thought this myself recently. He flies on a private jet, relaxed as **** and he could literally go straight to the ground for midday and all he needs is enough time to warm up and have a Mars bar, ready to go.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

What do you recommend .... I believe they've got seven ciders on tap!

I wouldn't listen to advice on the internet, the only sensible solution is to go and try all 7. And make sure you do this in one sitting so that you can properly compare them. Enjoy!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

There's just too many international breaks. It feels like we have them all the time. Just think what it'll be like when first WC is bi-annual, and then EC will switch to bi-annual too.

Well that’s cheered me right up! ;) 😆 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrassyNoel said:

Slightly related I guess: I deleted Twitter this week. It's been absolutely glorious. Thought I'd miss the Villa news but I don't, and the lack of idiotic nonsense from all and sundry is total bliss, like turning off a TV that's blaring nothing but white noise. Highly recommended.

On topic: 2-1 Villa, Ings on the board. UTV. 

Done the exact same thing last Sunday, don’t miss it at all. It’s been great.

• Like 1