Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

My mate is very selfishly getting married at the weekend so I can't go. I am glad I realised because I was literally about to click buy ticket!  

Oh well normally when don't go or watch a game we normally get a good result so there is that

• Like 1

I’ve never been to Villa v Wolves game but I’ve been to West Brom twice. It always makes me think that I don’t alway think Villa and Wolves don’t have big punch ups. Looking forward to it and hopefully it should be a cracker.

So, with it looking like no Bailey, no Traore and no Luiz, what are we thinking?

I'm hopeful Martinez gets back in time, if he's not available, we're weaker.

-----------------------------Martinez---------------------------

---------Tuanzebe------Konsa------Mings-------------

Cash--------------------Nakamba---------------Targett

--------------McGinn-----------------Ramsey--------------

----------------Ings--------------------Watkins--------------

Subs, Steer, Hause, Young, Iroegbanum, Buendia, Chukwuemeka, El Ghazi, Philogene-Bidace, Archer

This is one where I'd be very disappointed if we don't get the win. I know it's not a gimme and I know it won't be easy. I just know we've got plenty in us to do it, and if we don't it'll be because we didn't turn up.

You simply have to win your games at home to have a hope to make Europe. I think we are the superior team but just have to show up on the day to prove that. Regardless looking forward to seeing the Villa again.

UTV

Edited by Big Salad
  • Like 1

We’re capable of beating Wolves, but also just as capable of not showing up and losing or drawing. Not having our key players available doesn’t help. 
I wonder when we’ll ever see Dean Smith’s first choice team fit and available. These international breaks are doing my head in.

• Like 3

What's the story with Emi and Luiz? Feel like I haven't seen a concrete answer at all but there seems to be as many people certain that they'll be back as there are those that are they won't be.

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

What's the story with Emi and Luiz? Feel like I haven't seen a concrete answer at all but there seems to be as many people certain that they'll be back as there are those that are they won't be.

They’ll be back in Birmingham on Friday evening I believe so whether or not they play remains to be seen. Could see Nakamba coming in for Dougie and Emi starting tbh

• Like 2

On 12/10/2021 at 17:35, OutByEaster? said:

So, with it looking like no Bailey, no Traore and no Luiz, what are we thinking?

I'm hopeful Martinez gets back in time, if he's not available, we're weaker.

---------Tuanzebe------Konsa------Mings-------------

Cash--------------------Nakamba---------------Targett

--------------McGinn-----------------Ramsey--------------

----------------Ings--------------------Watkins--------------

Subs, Steer, Hause, Young, Iroegbanum, Buendia, Chukwuemeka, El Ghazi, Philogene-Bidace, Archer

No Bailey, Traore or Luiz is a bit shit.

Could go:

Cash------------Konsa---------Mings---------Targett

---------------------------Nakamba---------------------------

-------------------McGinn----------Ramsey---------------

----------------------------Buendia----------------------------

-------------------Ings---------------Watkins---------------

But I bet we don't :D

Could also use the same personnel in a 4-3-3 with Watkins left of the front 3. Not sure we'll do that either. 

• Like 2