Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

12 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Not exactly the days when we had villa value games for about 25 quid is it?

With it being a local derby and the demand anyway after being locked out for over a year they'll always push the prices up.

We have home games v likes of Brighton and Burnley coming up before year is out so they'll be 25 quid tickets for some parts of the ground for those games.

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Please Villa, don't lose to these **** pricks. Delusions of grandeur...the phrase was invented for these unintelligable clearings in the woods.

rjw63, changing the subject for a moment, I seem to remember that you enjoy a glass of cider.

My son has just discovered a draught cider pub near our home in the Malvern Hills.

What do you recommend .... I believe they've got seven ciders on tap!

Hopefully I'll be celebrating a Villa win.

11 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

With no Bailey I expect it could be 5-3-2 again.  Should overrun their barely mobile midfield and their defence looks poor on paper despite not conceding many.

I'm mostly concerned about us getting done and being exposed out wide particularly by a certain Mr Traore.

Bar that one game when he totally did Targett, Traore hasn't done that much v us since leaving even when he's been in good form.

Last season in the 0-0 pretty much any decent counter attack they did was through Pedro Neto.

Have to watch the strikers though, Hwang and Raul Jimenez been combining well so I'd keep the 5-3-2 for one more game personally. Think middle trio will be Nakamba-McGinn-Buendia and Axel will return.

29 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

rjw63, changing the subject for a moment, I seem to remember that you enjoy a glass of cider.

My son has just discovered a draught cider pub near our home in the Malvern Hills.

What do you recommend .... I believe they've got seven ciders on tap!

Hopefully I'll be celebrating a Villa win.

I stopped drinking cider some years ago. If not I'd probably be dead by now 😁

Not saying I never drink it, just that I'm more of a vodka and mixer type😋

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Please Villa, don't lose to these **** pricks. Delusions of grandeur...the phrase was invented for these unintelligable clearings in the woods.

They seem to have lost whatever cutting edge they had when they first came back up. We should pummel them.

34 minutes ago, maqroll said:

They seem to have lost whatever cutting edge they had when they first came back up. We should pummel them.

Don't agree sadly

They are hitting form and have won the last two plus have outplayed (though not outscored as they were without their main man) virtually every team they have faced. With all the disruption with Luiz, Bailey, Martinez etc etc plus a lot coming back in from International camps and thus having poor preparation i would take a draw (Although of course would be delighted with a win). This will be a big test of how far our squad has come in my view.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Really? You actually care about Wolves? 

I feel no different losing to Wolves than say a Crystal Palace or Brighton. 

On 13/10/2021 at 07:55, Vive_La_Villa said:

So I sold my ticket back to the club as it’s my sisters 50th party but now she has decided to postpone! Not happy. 

Anyway I have a bad feeling about this game. I think Martinez and Luiz will be massively missed. 

Is she going to be 50 next year now then?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I stopped drinking cider some years ago. If not I'd probably be dead by now 😁

Not saying I never drink it, just that I'm more of a vodka and mixer type😋

image.jpeg.005f0004fd653392200cd0ecd774b140.jpegI bet your little finger points in the air when you drink it 😉

Edited by Follyfoot

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m feeling a bit apathetic towards football at the moment. It all just seems a bit futile and a bit… pointless.

I’m sure I’ll get back to normal soon.

Same here mate. I’m not sure what it is but I’m struggling to take any real interest in it. I’ll still watch every game, but the excitement has gone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Really? You actually care about Wolves? 

I feel no different losing to Wolves than say a Crystal Palace or Brighton. 

It’s a different matter when you’re surrounded by deluded, mouth breathing yam yams. We haven’t heard a peep out of them for decades and now they’re trying to create a rivalry that never existed. Easy to ignore on social media, but if you personally know some dog heads, they can be insufferably boring.

The ones I know will get it both barrels if we win today.