7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah what we should do is play

Emi

Konsa mings tuanzebe

Cash                                        Targett 

Luiz Mcginn

Buendia

Ings Watkins

I used to do something like that on pro evolution soccer during my uni days. 

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Before Emi Martinez came to Villa he had only ever started 15 premiership games, has to rank has one of the all time poorly man managed player scenario's of all time.

Agreed, it would be understandable if Arsenal had an array of excellent GKs but they have since spent 25m+5m on Ramsdale. Bloody crazy transfer management 

• Like 1

I think 5 at the back against Manure and Chelsea, maybe even Spurs, is sensible, but against sides like Wolves or Everton at home it does look too defensive. I don’t know why some people don’t see that. If he really wants Watkins and Ings go 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 or 4-3-3 with Watkins as an inside forward.

I am glad he has brought Buendia in for Ramsey though, we should have more creativity at least.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I think 5 at the back against Manure and Chelsea, maybe even Spurs, is sensible, but against sides like Wolves or Everton at home it does look too defensive. I don’t know why some people don’t see that. If he really wants Watkins and Ings go 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 or 4-3-3 with Watkins as an inside forward.

I am glad he has brought Buendia in for Ramsey though, we should have more creativity at least.

Couldn't agree more. 

Just use Ings in the Barkley role, Buendia to the right and go 4-2-3-1 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Agreed, it would be understandable if Arsenal had an array of excellent GKs but they have since spent 25m+5m on Ramsdale. Bloody crazy transfer management 

It's unbelievable and I'd say Lange, Smith and Co, although they had the balls to pay 18m for someone with practically zero premier League experience, still look at eachother every day and say wow, we struck gold. Greatest signing for decades and soon to be eclipsed by Leon Bailey.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I think the 3 at the back today is to allow buendia to play in the centre, so its actually an attacking move for me.

For me its a straight shoot out between nakamba and tuanzebe and they will give you similar qualities.

Edited by Nigel

I can see us going 343 at times with Buendia right Ollie left. Our 352 is good against a 343 formation. 

They normally go 343 so a 352 from them tells me they're scared a bit or cautious. Just need to be vary of Traore in behind. It makes sense to have Tuanzebe lining up against him.

• Like 1

Just now, Tommo_b said:

I still actually really quite like the 352 formation.

I don't mind it but I prefer 433. Especially when Bailey is up and running. Without him 352 is designed to get Ings and Watkins playing. 

Under Brian Little with 3 5 2 we played with Tommy Johnson in the hole or a solid 3 with Draper (playmaker)  , Townsend and Legend Taylor. 

I think Buendia might be in the hole today and hopefully he can dominate the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I still actually really quite like the 352 formation.

I see it more as a merged 343/352 and as @Sulberto21 says above, it's very effective Vs the right opposition, Wolves are here for a draw, kill Traore and they lose that distraction factor that might bag them a goal. If we score first l, I think they will have no answer.

• Like 1

Surprised Wolves are persisting with Kilman ahead of Boly? Kilman is one for the future but he’s not as good.

Jimenez also not starting is a plus.

I’m feeling confident and think we’ll get a positive result today.  2-0 or 2-1. 

Edited by ferguson1