Energy Bills

Genie

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

British Gas website down 

And Shell

Something went wrong...

Our website and phone lines are extremely busy right now, but if you want to send us a meter reading you can do that here.

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Can't be a coincidence   can it, I mean this is exactly what all big businesses would be doing to stop the little man saving a few quid. British gas app still shot. *******

It's just loads of people trying to log on to the energy supplier websites and apps to submit meter readings, due to the 50% price increase tomorrow. Don't think it's anything cynical, myself.

• Thanks 1

Just now, blandy said:

It's just loads of people trying to log on to the energy supplier websites and apps to submit meter readings, due to the 50% price increase tomorrow. Don't think it's anything cynical, myself.

Yes I get why but the cynic in me thinks they've turned their server off just to spite me.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm hoping it don't change. Some saying they will not need to honor the fixed rate if the price cap increases

Hopefully not, but I’ll at least get 10 months worst case.
It’ll be awful PR for them if they cancel their fixed rate tariffs mid-term. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Hopefully not, but I’ll at least get 10 months worst case.
It’ll be awful PR for them if they cancel their fixed rate tariffs mid-term. 

Googled it. Price cap is not part of a fixed rate, so should not change. Looking at my bills, ( if correct ), it's looking we have struck gold getting on this fixed deal.

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Googled it. Price cap is not part of a fixed rate, so should not change. Looking at my bills, ( if correct ), it's looking we have struck gold getting on this fixed deal.

Same here, I can’t believe they allowed it. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bickster said:

I shal wait until 23:59 before I submit mine. You losers are paying 50% more for your energy tonight :D

I said this to Mrs Sidcow who's been bugging me all day about it. Heating on currently. They'll get my reading before I go to bed, no earlier. 

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

We switched to Octopus back in September fixed for two years. Feeling very fortunate right now. Some people will not be able to afford to heat their homes. 

• Like 1

Â