Energy Bills

Genie

Evening update. The Tesco has gone up this evening to £1:64.9 The other three have remained the same but 4 miles down the same road from the Tesco is a different Shell Eurogarge. It’s usually about 1 p more than the others and tonight it is… £1:32 per gallon more expensive than the Tesco. One pound thirty f***ing two a gallon 

8F926813-6E7F-4768-8C18-335754237403.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/03/2022 at 00:22, bickster said:

Evening update. The Tesco has gone up this evening to £1:64.9 The other three have remained the same but 4 miles down the same road from the Tesco is a different Shell Eurogarge. It’s usually about 1 p more than the others and tonight it is… £1:32 per gallon more expensive than the Tesco. One pound thirty f***ing two a gallon 

8F926813-6E7F-4768-8C18-335754237403.jpeg

These dickheads soon saw the error of that price, diesel back down to 1:77.9 today

• Like 1

The price of heating oil at the moment is astronomical. No surprise I guess, but it was c.55p a litre in December. Now it's about £1.50. The differential between it and a litre of petrol or diesel seems to have disappeared. During the first lockdown it was about 22p.

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I know what you mean. If it's too hot in our house, the Mrs opens the windows rather than turning the heating off. 😂

As an energy/sustainability manager, this boils my piss..

(I do only make sure to boil the right amount of piss though)

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I know what you mean. If it's too hot in our house, the Mrs opens the windows rather than turning the heating off. 😂

Actually I lie, it's usually about a week. We've got through 2,000 litres a month over the winter. Slightly less now now it's a bit warmer.

• Shocked 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

Potential first step in Saudi Arabia becoming unpopular with the British Government (supposing it becomes unpopular with the American one) and for their ownership of Newcastle to be (officially) viewed in a similar way to what's going on with Chelsea's right now? 

On 14/03/2022 at 21:31, Risso said:

Actually I lie, it's usually about a week. We've got through 2,000 litres a month over the winter. Slightly less now now it's a bit warmer.

You know that's insane? Do you live in a country manor?

Been in touch with an energy tech today to try to get some sort of energy bank added to our solar setup. In reality he says he could probably get me a second hand electric car battery (40kw\h), but would need to jump through many hoops with local fire\health restrictions. Why is it so god damn hard to try to be green in this country?!

I want the set up before summer so I can fill up my own batteries with my own panels, and then sell any surplus to the system. In winter I want to fill these batteries at night or at off peak times when the electric is cheaper. It seems the system doesn't like my plans.

• Like 1

Just got an email from Octopus Energy, they ‘recommend’ that I increase my direct debit to £357 per month. Which is £160 more! I expected it to go up, but that seems mental. 

Edit: that’s until April 2023, then it’s reduced to £342 after that. So it seems they’re predicting prices to stay high for the foreseeable. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Shocked 2

Â