Energy Bills

Genie

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well that would depend if you have a variable time tariff

Yep for sure. I always use to be on variable  but when i moved here a few years ago had that night and day metre didnt even know what the hell that was. 

Was doing all the metre readings wrong as i didnt know what was day and what was night. Made a right mess of it. British gas were also useless in helping me understand so i just did my research online

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

i didnt know what was day and what was night.

If the big, shiny, hot, hurty thing is in the big blue thing above your head then it's day. If not, night.

Glad I could help x

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Good tip if you have a tumble dryer put it on late as the night rate is actually alot cheaper now

Also another options get one of these and i use it more than tumble dryers ans it really is significantly cheaper. I think its like 6p a hour electric

IMG-20230112-WA0001.jpg

You only get a cheap rate at night if you have a special tariff.  The vast majority of tariffs are the same cost night and day.  You normally need to have an electric car or electric heating to get cheaper night time tariffs.

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

When do we get the benefit of the plummeting wholesale prices then?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64249541

Energy bills predicted to fall further this year

Energy bills could fall further than previously forecast later this year, easing pressure on struggling households, new projections suggest

But falling wholesale gas prices mean annual bills could fall below this from July, says finance firm Investec.

It predicts customers will be paying £2,478 a year from that point.

It's a marked reduction from recent forecasts by energy consultancy Cornwall Insight, which suggested that bills would settle at about £2,800 a year in the summer.

If either prediction proves to be correct, then the bill paid by 26 million households would again be governed by regulator Ofgem's price cap, rather than the government's energy price guarantee, which was originally introduced in October in a bid to protect bill-payers from soaring costs.

That would ultimately mean a lower-than-expected cost to the government, and ultimately taxpayers.

Fuel, Diesel £1.57 in Whitchurch today, £1.38 for Petrol, cheapest I've seen it by about 5p. Still, RAC said it should be around £1.50 now and Fuel stations just taking advantage of the consumer yet again. They are now asking for justification why these fuel suppliers are not dropping fuel costs. Still around £1.77ish (diesel) at EG suppliers.

My 6 month smart meter bill should here very soon. Will be interesting whether it's going to match what I've paid with DD. The last bill they changed my direct debit to £340, I felt that was too high and lowered it to £270. A couple of months ago they thought it should now be £190 odd. Which I thought was a bit low so only lowered it to £210. Which until now is saying on track. So hoping its about right with no surprises, well a big surplus would be nice but that's not going to happen.

On 12/01/2023 at 20:18, StefanAVFC said:

If the big, shiny, hot, hurty thing is in the big blue thing above your head then it's day. If not, night.

You know we're in England, right? Surely it can't be night for 350 days of the year?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Spoke to British Gas today and it sounds like gas and electricty customers who pay by direct debit are set by default to receive six monthly bills.

If you go on to their online chat they can change that for you and they've now set ours to quarterly billing which should make it easier to keep an eye on.

Apparently we're £800 in credit - happy days!

Is this where the government make all that money back they have give us, holding out on reducing our energy prices.

Kinda thinking it must be dropping, as fuel has dropped around 20-30p a litre, although some still holding the price, reducing 10p only.

Â