• Watkins
    • Nakamba (McGinn 40)
    • Bailey (Targett 61)
    • Young (Bailey 82)
    • Traoré (Cash 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/21 at 22:59

12 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Linekar saying it was a flattering scoreline and was a pretty even game... 

for an hour it was....it was a bloody tough game...and Everton are no mugs.

The last half hour is a Villa team that discovered their form from games last season.....and the talent just went up a gear.

fabulous win under tough circumstances, imo.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Game was very even until 1-0. After that VILLA PARK woke up and we sucked in the second two. We’re back! 

If you were there you would have felt it.

I was there, I thought Everton were tough opposition.

but I think that makes Villa's result all the more credible.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I'm all outa likes TRO but he is the one player that will benefit from us dominating games, when he keeps it simple it works well. He's another option for different formations vs different opposition, we are at the stage now that we can approach any game pro-actively, he can start games now too, we have 18/20 starters now.

I say this respectfully, we now need to take our championship specs off....its no more a first 11, no such thing now.

We have to get used to changes and there will be plenty, along the way.

• Like 2

I was travelling yesterday during the game but just caught the whole thing on sky. No doubt Bailey made a huge difference when he came on will get all the headlines. But for me Cash was MOTM. He was brilliant and the wing back role really suits him. And two other players deserve special mention Ings was brilliant linked up play so well. The assist for the Bailey goal was top class. And lastly Marv was brilliant when he replaced McGinn watching the game I didn’t think he missed a pass and I’ve just checked the stats, 100% pass accuracy! 
All round great performance! 

• Like 1

Caught the highlights on MOTD and watched some extended highlights.

Quick thoughts:

Much better set pieces - the appointments are already showing the difference. We are far less static and predictable - goal from a corner! What a delivery from Bailey.

Cash took his goal so well

We retain such dynamism and we aren't slowing the game down as much - another impressive showing from Ramsey

Nakamba slotted in well

Some great passing from Luiz today, so happy for his assist.

Tremendous ball from Ings to Bailey for his goal - what a hit.

Good game management, incredible energy and dynamism, this formation change and the above makes us a very different, improved team collectively compared to last season. And we still have Buendia to return. Really so very encouraging, especially when the bench can change the game. Solid game management.

Everton are a good side so this was again a very encouraging performance after a cagey opening affair.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, TRO said:

The last half hour is a Villa team that discovered their form from games last season.....and the talent just went up a gear.

The difference between the two benches was huge yesterday. It showed the depth we have and the value of having that depth and yet our most expensive player ever didn't get any game time. This says to me that we will finish ahead of Everton this season

2 hours ago, TRO said:

First goal freed us up loads, after that we absolutely murdered them. Very disciplines and workmanlike up till then but if you saw how quickly they killed off Burnley we were right to be wary of them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TRO said:

1977 says hello 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

You can sense a certain mutual respect between Villa and Everton fans and I suppose it being the oldest fixture goes some way to explaining that. I mean, how close is that statistic? Just one game between us after all them games. 

I’ve always thought Everton were a proper club, classy and respectful. That is mirrored in their fans too. A huge difference between them and the lot across Stanley Park. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

what year, one of the most swashbuckling, we have ever had.

Just making a comparison with that season we had 15 to 20 minute spells in even games that totally blew away the opposition like yesterday

• Like 2

Â