January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

We did need an attacking player - we'd been playing Watkins as a number ten.

We bought right sided CB cover in Chambers and extended the contract of our left sided CB cover at the same time.

We got a brilliant left back.

We didn't get a CDM, but the midfield are doing pretty well at the moment, it's not a disaster for this season and we can go back in the summer and fix it.

All good right?

Best January window in my life time. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We didn't need an attacking player though. Great we signed Coutinho obviously but we needed a CDM and a LB. We also needed CB cover as one 3 month injury to one CB and we would be in a bad way.

If we didn’t sign coutinho we’re starting games with Ollie and Ings up top. Digne was a brilliant signing. We got CB cover in chambers. My thinking if we don’t sign Bissouma today is no one was available for the right price, we’re signing quality now and I would rather we signed the right player than bring someone in for the sake of it

• Like 4

I have to say from the summer window onwards we won’t be doing any rebuilds so we can go in for one maybe two players without having to worry about the price as much (whilst still trying to get good value) .

Exciting times ahead. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I have to say from the summer window onwards we won’t be doing any rebuilds so we can go in for one maybe two players without having to worry about the price as much (whilst still trying to get good value) .

Exciting times ahead. 

Other than signing Coutinho permanently, I can only see a need for a DCM and RB to get the right squad numbers then a first choice CB to replace Mings.

After that...... what more could you need? That is a top 6 capable squad.

4 hours ago, Farlz said:

Loaning out Targett would be terrible business. If we get a decent fee then fair enough let him go but a loan at this point absolutely not imo. 

Luiz isn't going anywhere and can't see us bringing anyone else in so expecting it to be a quiet deadline day for us. 

I would suspect they are expecting to bring someone in, Hickey maybe.......they are making room for wages.

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I can see Guilbert doing well in our current system 

I thinking much the same thing....He might be better in a more competent team.

Although, he hasn't really settled with us, so that might be a no,no....In terms of team spirit.

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

I would have given this transfer window a 5/10 if it closes as currently stands purely for the fact that we still have not fixed the DM issue.

If we now strengthen Newcastle and weaken ourselves in the process for no tangible benefit i'd have to lower it to a 3/10 and say it's been a pretty terrible window overall.

**** me.  A 5/10 window after signing a regular international as backup keeper, reliable cover for RB/CB with international and European experience, the best left-back outside the Sly 6 and one of the biggest names in world football who is still only 28.....

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

So Newcastle are going to pay us £20m for Targett so that we can spend £8m on Hickey…? it all seems a bit odd. 

Its how Liverpool do business 

Sell a player over the odds to Eddie Howe and invest in a younger player

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

You are naive enough to believe they won't find a way and be allowed to buy the premier League?

Ok then. Prepare to be disappointed.

I don't get this fear of Newcastle. Why do u think they can outspend us. NSWE have 13 Billion. There is a limit as to how much any players can cost

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I don't get this fear of Newcastle. Why do u think they can outspend us. NSWE have 13 Billion. There is a limit as to how much any players can cost

It doesn't matter how rich the owners are if FFP is going to continue.

They will get sponsored for stupid amounts of money and will be able to overpay for most of their players.

We are going about things properly, but won't be able to match their levels of fabricated income.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

It doesn't matter how rich the owners are if FFP is going to continue.

They will get sponsored for stupid amounts of money and will be able to overpay for most of their players.

We are going about things properly, but won't be able to match their levels of fabricated income.

They are probably more likely to attract mercenaries. We have filters in place to avoid those types. The more they spend on fees and wages the better

• Like 1