January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Brighton do want £50m for Bissouma, I wonder if we’ll do the deal.

Its probably £10-15m too much but we may only have a sniff of signing him because it’s January and other clubs, for whatever reason, can’t do the deal until Summer. 

A point also worth making is, we could double his wages to 100k a week. He may want more than that and wait until the summer but that’s another 6 months on £45k a week. If he moves now and secures 100k a week, that’s an extra £1.2m in his back pocket (less tax etc.). Not an insignificant amount of money!

I think the deal has legs. Potters comments alluded to players possibly leaving in January and the noise around the deal is starting to grow. We’re also being extremely aggressive in the market. It seems at the moment that whoever we go for, we get the deal done. 

I'd wait until the last day of the transfer window and low ball a bid. Brighton might panic sell

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I'd wait until the last day of the transfer window and low ball a bid. Brighton might panic sell

Don’t see it myself to be honest. They’ll want to buy someone, that’s even if they want to sell which I don’t think they do 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, useless said:

Obviously all depends on what's going on with his off the field situation, but If we want Bissouma we will sign him, as for him as a player I had previously been of the opinion that he was slightly overrated but then watched him more closely and he's a lot better than I realized. He's not an attacking player though so don't expect him to have any talent in that department, he's comfortable on the ball, can carry the ball forward, and is a good passer, better than Nakamba for example, but don't expect anything more than that, so I don't understand those that say he's an 8 or would be ideal for that role, he's as a DM for Brighton, and that's where he'd play for us.

Not every player has to be.....and we shouldn't expect every signing to be....We have enough attacking talent, when they are fit.

We need balance, not a team full of attacking players.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Anyone else think we may entertain a bid for Watkins this January? I don’t know who from, but just thinking at some point we may need to sell another asset!

I don't think so.

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Anyone else think we may entertain a bid for Watkins this January? I don’t know who from, but just thinking at some point we may need to sell another asset!

I suspect he's going to Arsenal for around 55/65 million in the summer. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I suspect he's going to Arsenal for around 55/65 million in the summer. 

I'll drive him there myself if they offer that much for him.  Don't get me wrong, I like Watkins, but he is not worth anywhere near that much.  His work rate is world class, but he lacks top end speed, finishing, and vision/passing you need to be an elite striker.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

No chance of that happening, we'd be recalling KD.

25 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Have we given up on finding gems? 

All our targets are very obvious ones 

I expect us to continue aggressively going after the 16-18 year olds like we have been. I'm sure one was mentioned over the weekend.

1 minute ago, andyjsg said:

I expect us to continue aggressively going after the 16-18 year olds like we have been. I'm sure one was mentioned over the weekend.

I'm not talking about 16 year olds.

Talking about gems like McGinn for instance.