January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Khizzy said:

Anyone think that Gerrard will be pushing for any loan signings this window as a stop gap? 

Guess we could get Lingard now that Tuanzebe is gone :D 

• Haha 2

I think it’s massively important we get the next 2/3 signings right. I thought our business in the Summer was quite poor actually and we spent A LOT of money.

We don’t have endless amounts to throw away, there’ll be a bit of pressure on Purslow/Lange etc. if they get it wrong. 

More Martinez’s and less Ings’ please.

40 minutes ago, sne said:

Drugs are bad M'kay

But heavy use of them, coupled with a criminal record guarantees you a job on talk sport. 

Slightly off topic but as people where talking about the left back from Everton, Everton have just signed a new LB. 

Apologies for going off topic again, but as he is someone that is regarded highly, when is Bissoumas (sp?) court case?

I ask because obviously he won’t be moving till it’s concluded. 

We have three starting quality players who can play the holding role in midfield and I see those three being played together more often than not. Even if we were to drop one playing two mids in a holding role wouldn't be suicide. I suppose it depends on the opposition. Agree a strong CDM would be a good option to have but way I see it, we should be looking at anyone who is going to enhance the quality of our starting line-up.  

I think more cover at full back is a must and maybe a more naturally attacking left back would be useful, Hickey would seem most likely.

I think we'll need a CB if Tuanzebe is gone.

I also think that a Firmino type player would make a real difference to us. I don't think Firmino is that player. 

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

Apologies for going off topic again, but as he is someone that is regarded highly, when is Bissoumas (sp?) court case?

I ask because obviously he won’t be moving till it’s concluded. 

No date has been given yet i dont think.  Just to keep it on topic he's the type of player that we need. Best player on the pitch against Chelsea I thought. 

• Like 1