Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Our fans are crap. Biggest game of the season and it’s quiet as ****. I was booing their possession by myself and my daughter had to tell me to stop because no one is going to join in.

I was sober too.  

Forget the shit songs. Just intimate the opponent for ffs. 

I concur, don't get to the Villa too often living outside of England...

But the few matches I've been too over the last couple of seasons it's been far too quiet.

I went to a fairly insignificant polish league game yesterday and the atmosphere blows ours out of the water. The ultras chant all game irregardless of what happens on the pitch. I wish we had such passion sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Our fans are crap. Biggest game of the season and it’s quiet as ****. I was booing their possession by myself and my daughter had to tell me to stop because no one is going to join in.

I was sober too. 

I pity you mate

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I went to a fairly insignificant polish league game yesterday and the atmosphere blows ours out of the water. The ultras chant all game irregardless of what happens on the pitch. I wish we had such passion sometimes. 

Thing is it doesn’t have to be chanting and songs. Just get on the back of the opposition. Boo and whistle. Intimidate them. Holte end plays its part but the rest of the ground is like morgue.

55 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

For which part ? If it was for being sober thats only because I got high tolerance 😜 

Bang on the money😉

• Haha 1

Villa park needs to be a Cauldron.

Unfortunately, more often than not, its at best bubbling water in a small saucepan.

I know Villa Park "can" be a Cauldron, but so many times its just luke warm, almost inviting, and not hostile.

4 hours ago, Farlz said:

The entrance music is so **** loud. Feels like a library after I've had that ringing in my ears. 

Yes that has been said elsewhere. Pre-match is so ear piercingly loud you can barely talk to the person sitting next to you, let alone try to start any chants etc. Could they maybe just turn it down a tad?

Feels like we have to be 1 or 2-0 up for the crowd to start making noise which is pathetic.

Not sure what people was expecting. That we were gonna blow a top side out of the water? Was always gonna be a difficult game.

i think the atmosphere is timid most of the time because we dont have any songs.

All i hear is allez allez allex all the time....which after three or for times is boring.

we need a anthem of some sort....blues have KRO.

I get when we are playing bad the atmosphere can be a bit subdued but even when its good its the same boring song.

Need to get creative...few player songs.....in stead of he's one of own...theres only one..... 

The atmosphere was flat yesterday right from the off. I don't think early kick offs help and that applies to all teams not just us. I'd say 90% of the early kick offs I've been to on a Saturday or Sunday the atmosphere hasn't been as good as a 3pm or later kick off and nowhere near a night game. You then add in the dire wet/grey weather which  I also don't think helped. The game never really got going in the first half either aside from 3 or 4 decent breaks/moves by us so the atmosphere was never lifted/ignited by what happened on the pitch. Spurs support was really poor as well. 

Edited by markavfc40

Just now, markavfc40 said:

The atmosphere was flat yesterday right from the off.

I thought the atmosphere was superb for the first 10 minutes or so until the approach to the game subdued the place. Saw some neutrals commenting that the atmosphere was really good too.

12 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Villa park needs to be a Cauldron.

Unfortunately, more often than not, its at best bubbling water in a small saucepan.

I know Villa Park "can" be a Cauldron, but so many times its just luke warm, almost inviting, and not hostile.

I am sure plans for additional prawn filling to the pastry in the expanded hospitality suite section will definitely help. 

• Haha 2

There is absolutely no debate in my eyes that the tannoy is one of the biggest culprits for dimming the atmosphere.

Also why have we sacked off the countdown for the entrance music? Crazy Train ain't a football song and it definitely ain't entrance music.

Literally can't hear the Holte End before kick-off anymore.

They need to sort it out. It's embarrassing.

• Like 1

Â