Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

6 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Hard disagree. They usually only sing "EV-ER-TON" and boo. Genuinely one of the most whiny fanbases in the league imo and I'm a Villa fan (I suppose you guess that tbf)

Very passionate and loyal . Goodison Park on its day a very hard place to go to because the fans really get on top of you. They have got a reputation for what you say but so have we. 

So at half time now you don't have to hit the smallest target in the world to win a season ticket or whatever or your height in beers. Now you just have to answer a question and score a goal to win a mammoth 50 pride points...to spend on...erm...entering a raffle to erm...kick a ball at half time to win....erm....50 pride points...to spend on erm....entering a raffle.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

So at half time now you don't have to hit the smallest target in the world to win a season ticket or whatever or your height in beers. Now you just have to answer a question and score a goal to win a mammoth 50 pride points...to spend on...erm...entering a raffle to erm...kick a ball at half time to win....erm....50 pride points...to spend on erm....entering a raffle.

and to get a chance to take you have to confirm you’ve never kicked a ball in your life.  Seriously where do they get some of the people who partake from because they have never kicked a ball before.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, nick76 said:

and to get a chance to take you have to confirm you’ve never kicked a ball in your life.  Seriously where do they get some of the people who partake from because they have never kicked a ball before.

Get Olsen to have a go at it. That would be entertaining.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

The questions were the same as Wednesday as well🤣

• Haha 1

great atmosphere today. asked the same after the last time we played sat 12.30 after a great performance vs newcastle though, why did so many leave early? i get it, no trains, but for early kick offs what are you in a rush to get home for? i totally get it for any other kick off time but surely not for 12.30 games

everyone's circumstances are different, and i'm trying my best not to judge, but few players stayed out after final whistle i thought and i wonder if it was because they wanted a bigger crowd to celebrate the win with

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

great atmosphere today. asked the same after the last time we played sat 12.30 after a great performance vs newcastle though, why did so many leave early? i get it, no trains, but for early kick offs what are you in a rush to get home for? i totally get it for any other kick off time but surely not for 12.30 games

everyone's circumstances are different, and i'm trying my best not to judge, but few players stayed out after final whistle i thought and i wonder if it was because they wanted a bigger crowd to celebrate the win with

Was much better atmosphere today, I never leave early regardless of what's happening and it took me almost 4 hours to get home.... 

I only live near Dudley

• Like 2

I was sat in the Trinity today, B5 just above the press desks. It was one of the best Trinity atmospheres I’ve experienced to be fair, certainly in the last few times I’ve sat there. You usually get a few funny looks when you join in chants in the Trinity, but plenty of people were singing today, and only small amounts of moaning. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

From the archives…I think you’ll find that VT’s very own @hogso is on hand to prove this assertion wrong.

Commentary team led by @lapal_fan

I will refrain from making any sort of excuse about my performance in the above...and instead simply mention how I ended up being able to kick a ball on the pitch. 

Yes it was indeed via villa reward points. It was the last home game of the season, and finding I hadn't used any points all season, I thought, why not. It was the play off semi v Boro btw.

I thought maybe I got picked as there were fewer people who had points left to use, and therefore less competition for the spots. It was also an additional home game at the end of the season of course. 

They whipped me away from my seat as soon as the half time whistle went, down the lift from the upper holte, and on to the pitch. As it happens a guy I work with and who has done various jobs at VP over the years - tour guide, flag waver, Hercules suit wearer, compere - was down there that night and told me specifically to aim somewhat right. I ignored that completely and went wayyy too left. 

• Like 3

Â