Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Searching the match thread for 2 men shouting

"move it quicker move it quicker"

Villa move it quick and lose the ball...

"keep the **** ball"

Some Representatives for Wellingborough in K7 who sit behind me are always the same. They do my nut in. 

It was good. I think we sensed the team was up against it and needed the backing. Would they have got that backing if we didn't get a goal and it was 0-0? Probably not. They'd have got both barells again.

My guy in Doug Ellis was in full flow everytime the back four passed the ball more than 3 times thought tonight, soiling his pants anytime a Leeds player got within 5 yards.

"No....no....no what are you doing!?!?!?!?"

It was almost as if Emery has a style of play and philosophy he wants to introduce.

Bring back Gerrard.

First half was a bit flat at times considering we were 1.0 up, but that could be down to the game not flowing and constantly being stopped for whatever reason. Second half was more like it. Our fans seemed to come alive second half and really got behind the team and on the Leeds players/officials backs . 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

It was good. I think we sensed the team was up against it and needed the backing. Would they have got that backing if we didn't get a goal and it was 0-0? Probably not. They'd have got both barells again.

My guy in Doug Ellis was in full flow everytime the back four passed the ball more than 3 times thought tonight, soiling his pants anytime a Leeds player got within 5 yards.

"No....no....no what are you doing!?!?!?!?"

It was almost as if Emery has a style of play and philosophy he wants to introduce.

Bring back Gerrard.

That's the same with the guys next to me, they couldn't cope with passing it along the back 4 at all, they were too nervous for it

Sigh… would expect this from the lot across the city. (I know it doesn’t state he is a Villa fan but putting 2+2 together) 

https://www.west-midlands.police.uk/news/man-handed-three-year-banning-order-after-shouting-racist-slur-raheem-sterling-villa-park

Man handed three year banning order after shouting racist slur at Raheem Sterling at Villa Park
A man has been handed a three year banning order after he racially abused Chelsea and England player Raheem Sterling during a game at Villa Park.

Timothy Hyslop was heard to shout out a racist slur when Sterling was on the ball during the first half of the Premier League game between Aston Villa and Chelsea on 16 October last year.

On 13/01/2023 at 22:52, villa4europe said:

Searching the match thread for 2 men shouting

"move it quicker move it quicker"

Villa move it quick and lose the ball...

"keep the **** ball"

Doug Ellis P5?

That's my pals favourite. Get it forward. Get it forward. Ffs stop giving the ball away. Keep it.

Defence plays 3 passes.

Not there. Not there!!!!!

Get rid!!!!

We cant keep the ball for toffee today.

1 hour ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

Sigh… would expect this from the lot across the city. (I know it doesn’t state he is a Villa fan but putting 2+2 together) 

https://www.west-midlands.police.uk/news/man-handed-three-year-banning-order-after-shouting-racist-slur-raheem-sterling-villa-park

Yes I say that report elsewhere.  It had hardly been mentioned anywhere but glad the idiot got done for it.

1 hour ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

Unfortunately we're bound to have the odd dick head 'support' us like other teams do. Got to say I think VP is so much better than it used to be with regards to this. Used to hear vile stuff from the odd idiot when I started going. Dont hear anything anymore (not to say it doesn't still happen). Confident now that 99% of fans would report any shite they heard 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Sounded terrible yesterday but more than that, it's atleast the second time we've booed the team off under Emery. 

Going into the game, we're 2nd in the league since Emery joined*. How we've managed to turn on the team by half time yesterday is a disgrace.

Can't understand it, it's no wonder our away form is better than at home and our best season in the PL in years at home came when the fans weren't allowed in. More season ticket holders than ever, much more difficult for other fans to get tickets - and the fans in attendance are miserable and undeservedly so

*https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB1?saison_id=2022&min=15&max=21

That is so poor from the home fans. At least wait until full time before booing if you can't help yourself. 

Yuup, i think the booing has been embarrassing.. i also noticed multiple times yesterday that when our defenders would pass it around or take some tempo out of the game, the fans would start panicking and shouting/moaning, multiple times it affected the players who just went on to hoof it..

Honestly think the home support, also the support online, has been pretty pathetic since Emery joined, no patients whatsoever and unforgiving 

• Like 2

Some fans like to win but not if it doesn't involve a good size 10 booting it down the pitch if an attacker is anywhere near.

The moaning was audible when we were trying to build out form the back yesterday.

It's really infuriating at times.

Â