Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

We’ve got a werewolf, we’ve got a werewolf you ain’t 🤣

That guy was just so weird 🤣 Black leather jacket with ""Villa have got a Werewolf"" painted on it if I remember correctly?! I remember him well from the away games. He always used to look as though he was really enjoying looking weird and the way people looked at him lol! Mind you my hair at the time was a thing of weirdness too as I remember... all black & spikey.

I would like to see, Sabbath get the gig.......some Sabbath tunes, could be crowd rousing.....Paranoid does seem the obvious one.

Can we get Tony Iommi, to write a dedicated crowd motivating tune for us?

I guess they would love that.

ps Can't be any worse than Dave Chance singing " you'll never walk alone" in his pink suit on match day with Liverpool.....I'll never forget it.

Edited by TRO

On 12/01/2023 at 05:37, danceoftheshamen said:

Must admit we do desperately need some fresh songs. I agree that the Birmingham songs are a bit tired too. Not even in the same division and really their main claim to fame is by clinging onto their "rivalry" with us. I mean there's barely anything else in their history really is there! A lot of the older songs for me were much better too than the rather dull current ones. I always thought the "We love you Villa, We do" was ok back in the day although loads of teams started to sing it (Some like Arsenal still do). Then there was "Bells are ringing" which was a real Villa song but seems to have been lost to time.

The "Sweet Caroline" & Hi Ho Silver lining are sung by loads of teams Wolves included (Their fans appear to think we nicked them off them). 

So maybe we need some new material. Moreno needs one for a start! If we get Guenduzi Lord help us with that one though :huh:

I do like the Coutinho song having said that and also the Ole Ole one as you have stated.

My Mrs is a dog head and her family are dogheads as well and say the same thing about. Hi Ho Silver lining.

I used to love AVFC Aston Villa are magic.

The Holte as one going, Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy, Jimmy as he approached 

Also a special mention for where’s your wife gone? Where’s your wife gone? Where’s your wife gone Stanley Bowles with the milkman with the milkman with the milkman Stanley Bowles 

The steps of the Holte End, if you could not recite that start to finish perfectly, you would be potentially be on the end of a kicking as not a Villa fan

do you believe in the villa?????

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

On 11/01/2023 at 22:46, WallisFrizz said:

Really? That’s both surprising and depressing.

Im not surprised. Was a few mocking our managers accent when he was hired and even more when we lost Sunday.

Then is the Mings issue, he was a loved Villa player then he went on a BLM march and then nearly every goal now is partially blamed on some tiny mistake Mings did

12 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

My Mrs is a dog head and her family are dog kids as well and say the same thing about. Hi Ho Silver lining.

I used to love AVFC Aston Villa are magic.

The Holte as one going, Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy, Jimmy as he approached 

Also a special mention for where’s your wife gone? Where’s your wife gone? Where’s your wife gone Stanley Bowles with the milkman with the milkman with the milkman Stanley Bowles 

The steps of the Holte End, if you could not recite that start to finish perfectly, you would be potentially on the end of a kicking as not a Villa fan

do you believe in the villa?????

Oh yes that song about the milkman and ......brilliant ...I wish we could have some more songs like that

8 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Oh yes that song about the milkman and ......brilliant ...I wish we could have some more songs like that

fair play to him, he just turned to the Holte, laughed and shrugged his shoulders as if to say 'no idea where she has gone' Brilliant 🤣

What a bloody palava the league cup was that year, three games against them in the semis and three in the final against Everton ffs

• Like 1

Would love to echo the points about possession football too, some right idiots by me complain every time the ball gets passed backwards. Shouting "gerrit forward Villa!" then moaning again when a long ball loses possession and it comes straight back at us. I don't know what people want sometimes. 

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

Reminds me of the Keegan chant after that altercation in a lay-by. Not sure if it was at Villa or Brentford but as soon as he took up his spot in the dugout, someone would shout "Hit him on the head". This would be repeated by someone else in the crowd a minute later. This would continue for 20 minutes before everyone eventually chimed in with a chorus of "Hit him on the head with a baseball bat, Keegan, Keegan" which would be sung for a few minutes. Then it would all start again. Thinking about it, it was probably at Griffin Park rather than VP but it always made me smile and he clearly hated it. 

Diversion over - Let's bring Tarzan back.

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

fair play to him, he just turned to the Holte, laughed and shrugged his shoulders as if to say 'no idea where she has gone' Brilliant 🤣

What a bloody palava the league cup was that year, three games against them in the semis and three in the final against Everton ffs

I agree that second leg at home against QPR that finished 2 - 2 the atmosphere that night was fantastic, and Stan Bowles playing to the crowd!

Then the semi final replay at a neutral ground and being on the Arsenal clock end seeing us destroy them 3 - 0 with a sir Brian Little hatrick.....and being there 4 years later to win the league.....great crowd and atmosphere for those games.

I went to the first final v Everton the 0 - 0 game usually called the most boring final ever....couldn't get to the other 2 final replays....

No penalty shoot out in them days !

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TRO said:

I would like to see, Sabbath get the gig.......some Sabbath tunes, could be crowd rousing.....Paranoid does seem the obvious one.

Can we get Tony Iommi, to write a dedicated crowd motivating tune for us?

I guess they would love that.

ps Can't be any worse than Dave Chance singing " you'll never walk alone" in his pink suit on match day with Liverpool.....I'll never forget it.

pretty sure that apart from geezer, the band doesn't give a monkeys about villa. read tony and ozzy's books and neither mention any sort of love for football, let alone villa

As a fan following from abroad I watch every game on tv and I'm not in a position to criticize the Villa park faithful. Saying that I think both the players and the supporters could have a better time if the supporters could support more consistently throughout the game, no matter what happens. A bit like in Germany perhaps. It's just so obvious how the frustration and anxiety on the stands negatively affect the players and the downward spiral is tough to break.

It is obviously the players' responsibility to give a 100 %, but for the most part I think football players in general and perhaps ours particularly are quite vulnerable and young individuals that need a lot of love and positive attention to function optimally. They should obviously have a coach for this aspect of the game as well. 

Villa Park on good vibes is just such an absolute icon - and as a tv-fan thank you all for giving me all those chills throughout the years :)

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

pretty sure that apart from geezer, the band doesn't give a monkeys about villa. read tony and ozzy's books and neither mention any sort of love for football, let alone villa

I met the band in Boston, USA many years back. Geezer is really the only fan.  Having said that,  if Villa created a Black Sabbath inspired 3rd kit or something to the likes (believe West Ham did some collab with Iron Maiden), I could see the band getting involved as it’s all about getting attention these days.  Sharon knows this well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Maybe nobody asked them.

I read somewhere, to the contrary.....I accept, Geezer was always the more committed of the band, but I seem to remember, they all favoured the Villa......In much the same way as the Beatles was to Liverpool.

58 minutes ago, TRO said:

Maybe nobody asked them.

I read somewhere, to the contrary.....I accept, Geezer was always the more committed of the band, but I seem to remember, they all favoured the Villa......In much the same way as the Beatles was to Liverpool.

I once heard a radio presenter ask Ozzy about what team he followed and he replied that although he wasn’t a big football fan but if he supported anyone it’d be Aston Villa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

First game in 5 years

Sat next to 2 of the miserablist words removed I've ever heard in my life

Probably from here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â