Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

Yeah, I noticed this after the game, thought it was strange. 

I seen a coach with its windows smashed in before the game. Loads of police and police dogs around it.

24 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Yes Liverpool fans weren't very loud tonight. The best away fans we've had this season were Spurs imo

Spurs fans got louder as the score increased, they were nothing special when we were all over them in the first half. The Man United fans were surprisingly good.

7 hours ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Cracking tonight, best I've heard it for a while tbh. Away fans were shocking, probably up there with some of the worse I've seen at VP

7 hours ago, WHY said:

Worst aways fans I’ve seen at VP for many a year. I sit be the away end and barely heard them all game, very strange. Might just have been nerves.

Rubbish. Everyone knows Liverpool fans are the bestest in the world ever. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, hippo said:

I think there was some trouble before the game - there was a very heavy police presence around the Liverpool fans after the match.

Was hilarious, there was a coach going under the underpass with loads of Liverpool fans giving it large and banging on the windows. When they realised they were actually stopping outside of Aston Church they all quietened down sharpish with all the fans they'd been jeering now walking past them with the doors open. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There was loads of plop fans in the villa end yesterday. 

Any villa fan giving their tickets to plop fans are a disgrace considering how hard it is to get a ticket down at villa these days

Like someone said previously though, you only have to buy a membership to be able to access tickets. There’s probably a fair few supporters of different clubs that buy the membership and then purchase tickets for that one match. For certain games, maybe club should ask for a booking history not just the membership. 

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Like someone said previously though, you only have to buy a membership to be able to access tickets. There’s probably a fair few supporters of different clubs that buy the membership and then purchase tickets for that one match. For certain games, maybe club should ask for a booking history not just the membership. 

tough one. villa fan buys a membership with no previous booking history and we end up playing liverpool first game of the season it means they can't go.

it's not like it isn't commonplace. i guarantee we had a few in the home stands at burnley last saturday...evidenced by the kid that ran from the home end to grab mcginns shirt at the end. i know plenty of people who have sat in the home end of southampton/bournemouth cause they couldn't get tickets for the villa end.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Was hilarious, there was a coach going under the underpass with loads of Liverpool fans giving it large and banging on the windows. When they realised they were actually stopping outside of Aston Church they all quietened down sharpish with all the fans they'd been jeering now walking past them with the doors open. 

This happened outside the Aston social after the game against them a few years ago , whole coach gobbing off but unfortunately (depending on your view) got stuck in traffic. Really did not end well at all, carnage 

Edited by Follyfoot

19 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

tough one. villa fan buys a membership with no previous booking history and we end up playing liverpool first game of the season it means they can't go.

it's not like it isn't commonplace. i guarantee we had a few in the home stands at burnley last saturday...evidenced by the kid that ran from the home end to grab mcginns shirt at the end. i know plenty of people who have sat in the home end of southampton/bournemouth cause they couldn't get tickets for the villa end.

Yes but Burnley didn’t sell out their own stands with their own fans unable to get tickets. Also in your scenario I would rather a Villa fan with no booking history be unable to get tickets for one high profile game than have away supporters in the Villa end.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There was loads of plop fans in the villa end yesterday. 

Any villa fan giving their tickets to plop fans are a disgrace considering how hard it is to get a ticket down at villa these days

I said post match thread. I was in DE and I had 2 lads next to me which to be fair STFU but could tell they were not Villa fans. 2 in front who were kicked out after the goal for doing something to one old chap when celebrating and one behind me who wouldn't shut up about Salah and Mane and Diaz and Bobby and Joya every 20 seconds.

5 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Spurs fans got louder as the score increased, they were nothing special when we were all over them in the first half. The Man United fans were surprisingly good.

Man United are generally always the best fans at VP. They never stop to be fair to them

46 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Even as a member though its tough to get a ticket though. I dontvthink it was just memberships.

When ground gets to 55k i can see alot of away fans sitting in our ends

25 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

This happened outside the Aston social after the game against them a few years ago , whole coach gobbing off but unfortunately (depending on your view) got stuck in traffic. Really did not end well at all, carnage 

I remember that well. I was in a car behind the coach, the scousers giving it the large big time. Until the beer monsters emerged from the Aston Social, oh dear. There were sparked out scousers everywhere that day. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Even as a member though its tough to get a ticket though. I dontvthink it was just memberships.

When ground gets to 55k i can see alot of away fans sitting in our ends

I think that is the case though. There were plenty of other villa fans around me in the man United end for the 2-2 at old Trafford a couple of years ago.

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I remember that well. I was in a car behind the coach, the scousers giving it the large big time. Until the beer monsters emerged from the Aston Social, oh dear. There were sparked out scousers everywhere that day. 

Was that when the driver tried  to get away leaving the scousers stranded lol literally outside Aston social 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Any idea why those away coaches, that travel independently of the club by the looks of it, are made to be dropped off outside the church? I.e wrong end of the ground. Seems a recipe for disaster.

Â