Mario Hermoso

MadridVilla

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

Dean Smith stated in the pre match conference (cant remember exact words) that he's happy with the squad and not actively looking to add to it, if anything some might leave

So I'm taking any new links with a pinch of salt

He said the same thing last summer and we were done with signings then too, right?

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm over you racist pricks.... I'm off to Man City talk... Where they appreciate black players.

The new Irish number 10 is black.right?

Good for you JV!

Out of interest, which part of Ireland are you from?

• Haha 2

This link first surfaced a couple weeks ago, before we signed Tuanzebe and I found it unlikely even then considering we have a very solid CB pairing already.

Guy was pretty much a mainstay in the Atletico team that won La Liga last season, starting 31 games. But unless we are switching to a back 3 surely not.

This would work:

----------------------------Martinez--------------------------

--------------Konsa-----Mings---Hermoso----------

Cash----------McGinn--------Luiz-----------Targett

----------------------------Buendia---------------------------

--------------------Ings-------------Watkins---------------

In a return to the Little/Gregory days of three at the back and wing backs - but where would it leave Bailey?

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This would work:

In a return to the Little/Gregory days of three at the back and wing backs - but where would it leave Bailey?

On the bench by the looks of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This would work:

Not just Bailey, but Traore and El Ghazi too. It’d be nice to have this formation in our locker, as an option, but I can’t see it being the default set up yet. 

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It’d be nice to have this formation in our locker, as an option, but I can’t see it being the default set up yet. 

Agreed, but it does solve the two question that comes up if this link has any legs and the elephant in the Villa room - why are we linked with more defenders and how on earth do you get Ings and Watkins into the same eleven?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Agreed, but it does solve the two question that comes up if this link has any legs and the elephant in the Villa room - why are we linked with more defenders and how on earth do you get Ings and Watkins into the same eleven?

352?

3-5-2 makes me shudder. The only time I've seen us play the formation well was under Little and every time we've attempted it since it's really just been 5-3-2 and a shit show of defensive football. As a result the mere mention of three at the back fills me with dread. **** dread.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, picicata said:

3-5-2 makes me shudder. The only time I've seen us play the formation well was under Little and every time we've attempted it since it's really just been 5-3-2 and a shit show of defensive football. As a result the mere mention of three at the back fills me with dread. **** dread.

peep-show-super-hans.gif

• Haha 2

I'll be in childish huff if Deano suddenly gets interested in 352 now we have Bailey and Buendia.

It's something I thought we should have tried for years with our wide options being so poor.

40 minutes ago, picicata said:

I feel the same!

Â