Match Thread: Watford v Villa

limpid

Just now, Farlz said:

Not used to seeing Targett have a howler quite like that. 

I can't imagine Young v Sarr is going to be much better 

Well Targett was rinsed and then wrung out, can't really be worse. Sarr is a bad match up for Targett.

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Be honest, this isn’t the first time villa look they’ve met each other for the first time on the morning of the game, without Jack Grealish , under Dean Smith.

It's been every game for a decade really. 

McGinn needs to be a bench player. He constantly let's players run off him , gives the ball away for fun and is slow and ponderous on the ball. Nakamba is showing him up today and created the best chance for us with that ball for Ings. 

We need to go 4 3 3 , Ashley Young has not protected Targett well at all. It's no accident all their play has come from our left. You have the same posters digging into AEG as always yet he offers plenty of protection to his Fullback. We're losing this game off the ball.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yet Nakamba and McGinn have? 

He's not worse than them and for this game he'd be an extra body in there where we're being overrun 

I'm with you on the first point.  I can't understand how / why we haven't got a CM in yet.  It was one of our biggest weaknesses last season and was a position we could / should have strengthened regardless of what else was going on.  Unfortunately Smith seems to be a McGinn Fan Boy.