Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

Posted (edited)

Daft innit. I won't buy a shirt with a Gambling sponsor on the front and I doubt I'm alone.

So the choice of shirt sponsor is hampering meeting potentially more lucrative kit deals. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

Signing a player with good stats on the EA/FIFA game would probably help with shirt sales if we wan't reach the gamer crowd who don't care all that much about clubs but follow players instead. 

• Like 1

As cynical as it sounds we should be looking for a Southern or Eastern Asian player to be in the squad to boost shirt sales and our profile in that area. We'd crack the 300k shirts no problem then.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

As our audience profile increases further and tickets are a lot rarer for games (as a non ST holder I rarely got opportunities for three tickets next to each other), we need to improve those value add packages for those fans wanting a (1-2) times a season visit.

if I could pay say £200 for two tickets and that guaranteed me a ticket plus some food and drink before and after the game and perhaps a shop discount code only for that day of use (encourage additional merch sales). I’d more than likely buy it. 

I can’t go to more than 5 games a year due to other commitments so a special trip with value add would be good. 

the current bolt ons they offer don’t come with a ticket, you need that first. That doesn’t work as that’s the hardest thing to get/purchase with demand. 

also a huge issue is almost all the hospitality is enquiry led, you can’t buy it online currently, which is a big friction point. 

they need to improve their inventory management and get as much hospitality bookable online for next season. 

I think the bolt ons do come with an option of getting a ticket - both the Lower Grounds and the Terrace View.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/premium/the-lower-grounds

The Lower Grounds can be purchased as a bolt-on to any existing season ticket around the ground to enhance your matchday experience or can be purchased on a single-match basis where your match ticket is included (Trinity Upper/ Doug Ellis Upper subject to availability).

Have I misunderstood?

45 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Can't Nas just get one of his 'mates' to buy 50k shirts if we're a little short at the end? 

I presume that's basically what will happen, how can it not? It's just maths.

Using the £7m @ 300k shirts bonus figure, and let's say ~£75 a shirt... as soon as we get over 207,000 sales, we make money. Because by buying our own shirts we trigger that payment.

I imagine it's more contractually a bonus per shirt over ~200,000 or something, which maxes out at £7m. If it is a big bonus at a certain figure, we'll obviously just buy the shirts ourselves and make some sort of profit, big or small.

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Can't Nas just get one of his 'mates' to buy 50k shirts if we're a little short at the end? 

We don't make any money from shirt sales only Adidas do. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

We don't make any money from shirt sales only Adidas do. 

Not sure about that, but either way, I think he is referring to the rumoured threshold we need to meet to get bonus payment of up to 10 mill per year from Adidas.

Allegedley 300,000 shirts

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure about that, but either way, I think he is referring to the rumoured threshold we need to meet to get bonus payment of up to 10 mill per year from Adidas.

Allegedley 300,000 shirts

Bonus payment might be true. But in general it's not that we make X per shirt sold. That's not how the deals are structured. 

16 hours ago, NorthEastVillan said:

Quite a big ask to sell 300,000 shirts per season. Think we sold around 175,000 in 22/23. Obviously increased exposure due to CL will boost sales, plus Adidas it a big pull in itself.

Shirts available much wider now with Adidas stores and distribution 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Plus circa £50m for CL. 

The 50m for CL is next seasons accounts though. We need to end 4th again to keep the same PL income 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, andycv said:

I think the bolt ons do come with an option of getting a ticket - both the Lower Grounds and the Terrace View.

The Lower Grounds can be purchased as a bolt-on to any existing season ticket around the ground to enhance your matchday experience or can be purchased on a single-match basis where your match ticket is included (Trinity Upper/ Doug Ellis Upper subject to availability).

Have I misunderstood?

When I looked online when it became more general sale it could only be done as an add on online. So unless tickets had sold out already or the combination is only billable by phone I haven’t been able to buy it with a ticket included. 

5 hours ago, andycv said:

Have I misunderstood?

Yes you can do either. 

Buy a Lower Ground 'ticket' which includes the seat and access to LG with the food, or buy your ticket first then add a bolt-on of LG for an extra fee. 

However, if you have young kids, you have to pay for the bolt-on to a matchday ticket, but if it's a season ticket then the kids get in for free (with a paying adult).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Yes you can do either. 

Buy a Lower Ground 'ticket' which includes the seat and access to LG with the food, or buy your ticket first then add a bolt-on of LG for an extra fee. 

However, if you have young kids, you have to pay for the bolt-on to a matchday ticket, but if it's a season ticket then the kids get in for free (with a paying adult).

I’ll try again next season for it. 

certainly for a game where tickets are harder to come by. I have reasonable booking history.

i guess another purchase will be the membership which appears to be £40 a year to queue jump for tickets. 

7 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Bonus payment might be true. But in general it's not that we make X per shirt sold. That's not how the deals are structured. 

I don't think that's right? I'm sure clubs always make money off shirt sales, because there was something about Liverpool restructuring their deal with Nike (possibly) a few years back and ended up making an absolute killing off shirt sales, one of the first clubs to restructure their deal with the kit manufacturers.

47 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Cadbury is already a partner of the women's team: wonder if it's just a reflection of that or whether they're also going to do some stuff with the entire club too.

Â