Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think both Ollie and Ings could have had better first touches at two key moments and we could have scored. Fine margins.

I think aside from scoring they both played well. Klopp had said how our split strikers caused them so many problems. So tactically very good from Gerrard and individually from Ings and Watkins they did well, just needed that killer moment

Agree with that

Think it's maybe hard to forget that VVD is the leagues best CB and Matip isn't a bum

Tough night for us but it was a tough game for them too, VVD in particular I thought was very good but we never stopped asking questions 

We come away bemoaning missed chances but at the same time those chances were caused by good movement from both strikers, both of them worked their bollocks off

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think both Ollie and Ings could have had better first touches at two key moments and we could have scored. Fine margins.

I think aside from scoring they both played well. Klopp had said how our split strikers caused them so many problems. So tactically very good from Gerrard and individually from Ings and Watkins they did well, just needed that killer moment

Agree, both decent but equally frustrating in final third. Ings should have shot straight away but hesitated on both occasions. Hes good enough to shoot ASAP. I know Ollie works hard just hope he can improve next season.

Just now, messi11 said:

He's a class player. Him and Suarez up front next season gonna be something else

I bloody hope not. Suarez should be playing up front on South America if he wishes to continue his career. He's too old and immobile (as well as massively overstepping the line on acceptable behaviour on the pitch. The Evra incident should have seen his contract cancelled and the making of a pariah). 

His movement paired with Buendia's creativity seems like a perfect combination. Shame we haven't been able to see more of it given the form they've both been in of late.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Indigo said:

His movement paired with Buendia's creativity seems like a perfect combination. Shame we haven't been able to see more of it given the form they've both been in of late.

Ings looks like Buendia’s Pukki

• Like 2

Any other game and he could have had hat trick but some of attempts people are saying he should have put away were heavy passes not all his fault, I hope he is here next season I think he’s class and with the right number 10 is the most likely striker at the club to get goals in the high teens.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Any other game and he could have had hat trick but some of attempts people are saying he should have put away were heavy passes not all his fault, I hope he is here next season I think he’s class and with the right number 10 is the most likely striker at the club to get goals in the high teens.

Ings xG was 0.29 for the game. So not scoring was more likely than scoring from the chances he had. I think the issue was more the first touch from him and the one from Watkins, if they were better they would have had higher xG for their chances and a better chance of scoring. 

It's fine margins.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Ings xG was 0.29 for the game. So not scoring was more likely than scoring from the chances he had. I think the issue was more the first touch from him and the one from Watkins, if they were better they would have had higher xG for their chances and a better chance of scoring. 

It's fine margins.

You don't get xG if you don't shoot.  The one/s where he ran it and didn't shoot wouldn't have counted, I assume.

3 hours ago, samjp26 said:

I know he’s always been known as a goalscorer but his all round footballing ability is really good, great engine on him too

I think he’s still leading on assists - will need to check the stats 

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Its strange, as the finish for the offside goal was a world class finish. Where the hell has that ings been all season?? 

At 29 for me his best days are coming to an end it looks if his finiahing is anythibg to go by. If tammy becomes avaialble i would sell him and use some of the money to try bring tammy back.

One of the things you dont lose is your finishing when you get older

As for Tammy should be bans every time he gets mentioned as a transfer target 😂 The Villa he left has zero connection to the Villa of now and is playing at a higher level for a coach and fanbase that loves him

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

One of the things you dont lose is your finishing when you get older

As for Tammy should be bans every time he gets mentioned as a transfer target 😂 The Villa he left has zero connection to the Villa of now and is playing at a higher level for a coach and fanbase that loves him

Ings a far better finisher than Tammy even this season. For all the previous 3 season he's outscored his xG while Tammy scores less than his xG. 

Â