Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

Started as a lone striker 3 times this season and has scored in all 3 games

It’s why I think it’s unbalanced criticism from some fans on Ings compared to Ollie.  

When Ollie plays with Ings, it’s apparently Ings fault that Ollie doesn’t play well.  So why isn’t it Ollie’s fault that Ings doesn’t play well rather than some excuses coming out of he doesn’t fit or he’s too old or whatever.

As you say he’s scored in all 3 games played as lone striker.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

It’s why I think it’s unbalanced criticism from some fans on Ings compared to Ollie.  

When Ollie plays with Ings, it’s apparently Ings fault that Ollie doesn’t play well.  So why isn’t it Ollie’s fault that Ings doesn’t play well rather than some excuses coming out of he doesn’t fit or he’s too old or whatever.

As you say he’s scored in all 3 games played as lone striker.

I’d add to that that Ings has at least looked like he’s trying to form a partnership with Watkins- passes to him frequently, tries to get involved in linking things up. If anything Watkins has looked even more selfish (if that’s possible) when Ings plays so that he can get the glory. The number of times you saw Ings in a better position but Watkins would still run down a blind alley was infuriating 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liono said:

Watkins is looking quite unhappy, almost moody - not sure why?

Maybe he's not happy with Gerrard, tactics, formation etc? 

To be fair to Ollie we don't create too many chances for him

This is very true, but Ollie isn't offering anything else at the moment.  If we're going to create only a few chances per game, we need a striker capable of putting them away. 

Ings is the man for this task, not Ollie.... at least not on his current form. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

This is very true, but Ollie isn't offering anything else at the moment.  If we're going to create only a few chances per game, we need a striker capable of putting them away. 

Ings is the man for this task, not Ollie.... at least not on his current form. 

I agree. We need a change. 

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

i cant see this being true.

Well......it could be, but we had this issue fairly recently didnt we?, giving away changes by the nonsense.....

They would be rather silly to get caught out twice.

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

link up play has been good and we are holding the ball better with him up top.  For a guy that apparently cant run his movement and work rate has been fine

Probably would get destroyed by Watkins in a 100m sprint but in a dash from the edge of the box to the edge of 6 yard box and nipping in front of the centre back I’d fancy Ings. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry, but how on earth can you compare Ings ( An unused sub most the season ) goal record for us, to an ever present in the Watford side?

Then further putting him in the Hogan/McCormack category 🤦🏿

I just haven't been that impressed with him when he's started tbh. Not saying his attitude is anything close to McCormack, just more we signed these guys who were scoring 20 + for other teams but you quickly got the feeling it wouldn't work out for those two.

Ings scored a penalty in August, overhead kick that's really once a season if at all the week after v Newcastle and since then two goals in six months. And he's started plenty in that period.

Just dosen't have the same impact he did at Southampton.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Â