Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

34 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

There were a lot of positives to take from today's game, Ings was not one of those, Watkins brought so much more to the team and sadly we couldn't see hardly anything of a connection between them. He put in an ok shift with the pressing, but not much else. Thought it looked like he was carrying a bit of weight? 

All I can remember him doing is overhitting a pass, which if he had weighted correctly, would have been a clear cut chance. I genuinely can't remember anything else he did.

56 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

All I can remember him doing is overhitting a pass, which if he had weighted correctly, would have been a clear cut chance. I genuinely can't remember anything else he did.

Sadly he had a really bad game against Chelsea. You can see how much a forward like Watkins brings to our general play, Ings just can’t Give you that. Although he is the more  clinical finisher.

tbh, in those 4 games I don’t think Ings contributed enough to our play. He scored a pen and THAT scissor kick, not much else.

If we have to bench someone to fit Bailey, Watkins and Buendia in the team, I would bench him.

Edited by Czarnikjak
  • Like 2

Ings wasn’t great today but he’s either scored or assisted in his other 3 games. He’s a goal scorer and will be a great addition over the season. He’s a completely different player to Watkins, which is what is needed if you are playing 2 up top. Genuinely believe about 80% of posters on here don’t have any idea about the game of football, it’s embarrassing some of the stuff that’s gets posted.

Edited by WHY
  • Like 3

He received the ball in dangerous positions several times. Every time, there was a Chelsea defender instantly stuck to him. He got marked out of the game.

He may not be good enough to unlock a defense like that on his own, but he will score plenty of goals for us this year.

10 minutes ago, Farlz said:

If the chances fell to Ings yesterday we're going in at half time with a goal or 2.

That's the thing though, they didn't fell to him. They fell to Watkins. 

I have concerns with Ings's movement up top. I've banged on about how I've felt he was isolated up front for the past games. I thought with Watkins finally returning and playing alongside Ings that this would help remedy that problem. Instead pretty much all our attacking play went through Watkins on the left with Ings being isolated on the right. Ings had almost less than 3 times the amount of touches Watkins did this game. Even accounting for the fact that he was subbed out, that's still way less than he should have and its been a common theme with him in all the games so far.

I'm starting to suspect that he is the reason for why our moves have been breaking down so much in attack in our previous matches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I have concerns with Ings's movement up top. I've banged on about how I've felt he was isolated up front for the past games.

Everyone said the same thing about Watkins after February last year.

Â